OverviewSaskatchewan Polytechnic Director, Facilities Operations & Program Development Full Time in Saskatchewan
Branch SK CA
Director, Facilities Operations & Program Development
The Director, Facilities Operations & Program Development leads a team of four out-of-scope Facilities Managers and will work in concert with various divisions,…
Director, Facilities Operations & Program Development
Category of work
AVP Facilities Management-50431-DEPT
Multiple Locations (Please check posting details)
Saskatchewan Polytechnic Saskatoon Campus, Saskatchewan Polytechnic Moose Jaw Campus, Saskatchewan Polytechnic Regina Campus, Saskatchewan Polytechnic Prince Albert Campus
Saskatoon Campus, Idylwyld Dr.
Open Until Filled
$102,082 – $124,738 per annum
Temporary Market Stipend
Hours of Work
OOS (typically M-F, core hours)
Total Assigned days (AC) / Total Hours per biweekly pay
75 Hours per bi-weekly pay
Job Duties/Qualifications, Skills and Abilities(QSA)
The Director, Facilities Operations & Program Development is responsible for the management of Saskatchewan Polytechnic facility operations requirements and will provide leadership in the design, implementation and assessment of Saskatchewan Polytechnic facilities programs. Accountable to the Associate Vice President, Facilities Management, this position will provide strategic leadership, direction and expertise in the management of facilities operations as well as project management of the conception, creation, implementation and maintenance of various facilities programs.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND EXPERIENCE
The Director, Facilities Operations & Program Development will act as a leader within the facilities management team and will provide support via interaction with the Associate Vice President, Facilities Management, Deans, Directors, and other senior management staff in relation to facility operations, programs and projects.
The Director, Facilities Operations & Program Development leads a team of four out-of-scope Facilities Managers and will work in concert with various divisions, as required, to ensure that facilities operations, programs and projects are conducted in accordance with existing policies, procedures/protocol and Saskatchewan Polytechnic strategic business plans, goals and objectives. The position is responsible for managing a high volume of multiple, competing activities with planning horizons from several months to 10 years or greater. This role will also be privy to confidential information, such as program terminations, program additions, and staffing levels as it relates to facility planning and usage. This information is required in advance of facility logistical activities to ensure space and security matters are properly managed.
The Director, Facilities Operations & Program Development is expected to foster a culture that is focused on teamwork and the collective ownership of success.
1. Facilities Operations and Program Development Leadership
- Lead multi-disciplined teams, including direct reports, members from academic programs, student associations and administrative organizations, to identify proposed facilities solutions.
- Develop annual departmental work plans and detailed schedules that integrate academic and project activities.
- Provide expert advice and assistance to the AVP , Facilities Management on all facilities programs.
- Identify potential funding issues and take corrective action to mitigate these issues.
- Compile and analyze statistical data then provide analysis to stakeholders on a variety of facility related programs and operations.
- Provide leadership and direction, delegate and monitor the actions of direct reports to ensure tasks are executed within their approved cost, schedule and technical baselines.
- Manage and direct the efforts of external consultants and contractors to ensure accountability for high standards of performance and outcomes.
- Analyze internal business requirements and issues then effectively translate them into straightforward concepts.
- Plan and conduct systematic reviews of facility programs, operations and tasks with all stakeholders.
- Create and monitor internal divisional performance metrics, as related to the management of facility programs, with the intent of improving organizational performance.
- Envision, develop and implement various Facilities program policies and standards.
2. Resource Allocation and Management
- Develop and manage both operational and capital budgets in accordance with generally accepted accounting practices and administer budgetary allocations and expenditures.
- Ensure resources are allocated in accordance with the operating and capital plan.
- Conduct regular reviews of financial performance (within scope of responsibility) and provide requested reports to the Associate Vice President, Facilities Management.
- Monitor emerging Facilities requirement pressure points to ensure they are addressed in Saskatchewan Polytechnic operating and capital plan development cycles.
- Identify and appropriately plan Saskatchewan Polytechnic facilities programs and projects identifying expertise (as required internal or external), cost (actualization or risk to institution) and stakeholder participation (dependent upon project and scope). Programs may be cross divisional, facility specific or geographically defined.
- Facilitate contractual arrangements with governments and other agencies (i.e.: Precise Parking.)
3. People Management
- Ensure a positive, diverse and inclusive work and learning environment for direct reports.
- Provide mentorship, coaching and development opportunities to enhance performance and to enable direct reports to achieve their accountabilities.
- Determine and communicate clear performance standards and goals for direct reports and hold them accountable for meeting those standards and goals.
- Ensure that established performance goals for staff are aligned with the overall strategic goals of the department and the entire organization.
- Maintain a high level of staff performance through effective use of human resources practices and procedures, including independent authority in the recruitment, selection, hiring, training, development, motivation and performance evaluation of direct reports.
- Address people management issues with direct reports, including independent authority to discipline, dismiss and/or terminate where appropriate, applied in a timely manner while ensuring compliance with the collective agreement and Saskatchewan Polytechnic policies.
- Provide information to direct reports about strategic and operational developments within the organization that affect their working environments and how they do their jobs, both in the short- and long-term.
4. Relationship Management
- Liaise, collaborate and work effectively with all Saskatchewan Polytechnic divisions and stakeholders to ensure the effective design, implementation, actualization and assessment of the Facilities Management strategic plans, programs and projects.
- Ensure a positive, diverse and inclusive working relationship is fostered and maintained in interactions across all operational areas.
- Maintain a high level of client service and stewardship in the area of Facilities Management for Saskatchewan Polytechnic.
- Collaborate and work effectively with all external stakeholder and contract resources.
- Ensure Saskatchewan Polytechnic’s operations, performance and reputation are accurately reflected in communications.
- Ensure relationships and partnerships with government, industry, partners and parties of interest are optimally realized.
- Ensure regulatory reporting requirements are met, including appropriate and complete documentation.
- Build relationships with other institutions and agencies to ensure external communication and benchmarks are maintained and documented.
Required Qualifications, Skills and Abilities (QSA)
A post-secondary degree in a related field and a minimum of seven years’ experience in facility management including operational management, resource management, and people management. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: , SK, CA
Posted on: 2016-09-28