OverviewSaskatchewan Polytechnic Computer Technician Full Time in Regina, SK
Branch Regina SK CA
Diploma or degree in computer science or an equivalent combination of recent and relevant education, training and experience. Category of work….
Category of work
Saskatchewan Polytechnic Regina Campus
Open Until Filled
$1877.27 – $2244.65 biweekly
Temporary Market Stipend
Hours of Work
Regulated 36 hours (modified)
Total Assigned days (AC) / Total Hours per biweekly pay
72 total hours per biweekly pay period
Job Duties/Qualifications, Skills and Abilities(QSA)
Reporting to the Senior Analyst of Operations, this position is responsible for management, completion and documentation of service requests and incidents as assigned by the Service Desk. This position is responsible for understanding, anticipating and satisfying client needs. The Computer Technician is also responsible for identifying areas for improvement within Saskatchewan Polytechnic’s infrastructure, applications, process and service to its clients. This position is expected to consult with clients about the purchase and deployment of information technology and apply effective trouble shooting and testing skills to IT problems. A+ certification would be valuable for this position.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND EXPERIENCE
Required Qualifications, Skills and Abilities (QSA)
1. Diploma or degree in computer science or an equivalent combination of recent and relevant education, training and experience.
2. Minimum one year of experience with all aspects of enterprise networks and server environments.
3. Good analytical skills, i.e. ability to recognize, analyze and address complex technical issues for all types of information technology.
4. Good interpersonal and communication (listening, oral, writing) skills.
5. Good organizational and time management skills.
6. Ability to work independently and/or co-operatively in groups and with a high level of initiative and motivation.
7. Superior ability to work in extremely stressful, time critical conditions and make accountable decisions.
8. Demonstrates valuing diversity.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Regina, SK, CA
Posted on: 2016-02-19