OverviewSaskatchewan Municipal Jobs Director of Corporate Services Full Time in Antigonish, NS
Saskatchewan Municipal Jobs
Branch Antigonish NS CA
Director of Corporate Services
The Director must communicate with other department heads to discuss budgeting, strategic planning, and organizational flow….
Director of Corporate Services
(Closes April 13, 2018 at 12:00 Noon)
The Town of Antigonish is seeking an energetic and experienced individual for the position of Director of Corporate Services.
Located half way between Halifax and Sydney, (pop. 5,195) Antigonish is a small town, rich in Gaelic history nestled in the north eastern part of the province. Being home to St. Francis Xavier University, our population doubles in size during the academic year, adding to the diversity of the Town. Here you can enjoy small-town charm with the amenities of a larger community. Sports and recreational opportunities are numerous and there is a vibrant arts culture with music, performing arts and fabulous festivals throughout the year. The competitive business environment, state of the art educational facilities, regional healthcare facilities and our location makes Antigonish a great place to live and raise a family.
- All aspects of the Town’s budgeting, accounting, reporting and internal control systems, human resources, procurement, records management, insurance, as well as the operation of the associated computer software and systems, and general office equipment requirements.
- Responsible for the regulatory and financial operation of the Town’s Water and Electric Utilities.
- As Treasurer for the Alternative Resource Energy Authority (AREA), the Director provides financial and human resources services oversight as well as procurement and policy direction. The Director is a key member of the AREA administrative team and an ex-officio member of the Board.
- The preferred candidate would have a bachelor degree in Commerce/Business Administration, professional designation (CPA, CA, CMA, CGA), a minimum 5 years of technical and managerial experience, and a minimum 5 years supervisory experience.
Internal and External Partners
- Internally the Director of Corporate Services supervises the Manager of Accounting who has three staff members within the Department.
- The Director must communicate with other department heads to discuss budgeting, strategic planning, and organizational flow.
- Externally, the Director of Corporate Services is required to communicate with the NSUARB, NSPI and other bodies on a variety of issues.
- This position entails attendance at Council meetings to discuss financials and address municipal issues as required.
- This position deals with staff of AREA and with the Chief Administrative Officers of the three towns who own AREA and the Commission of the Riverport Electric Utility.
- This position works with Regional Directors of Finance/Corporate Services on Regional initiatives such as Diamond software.
For further information regarding this position and how to apply for the position please visit the Town’s website at www.townofantigonish.ca .
The Town of Antigonish thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Antigonish, NS, CA
Posted on: 2018-04-05