OverviewSaskatchewan Crop Insurance Communication Student Temporary in Melville, SK
Saskatchewan Crop Insurance
Branch Melville SK CA
Assist in the creation and production of media projects for campaigns, marketing and general branding. Research, prepare, write, and coordinate calendar,…
At SCIC, we’re helping keep Saskatchewan’s agriculture industry strong and it takes great people, working together as a community, to make it happen. Our values reflect who we are at SCIC. We value focusing on the producer, innovation, teamwork and community, accountability to ourselves and others and leadership at all levels.
Reporting to the Communication Consultant, this position works out of the Strategy, Marketing and Communications (SMC) unit. This position will work on existing company digital platforms and will contribute to a variety of different projects focused on providing assistance to the communication’s team in the areas of video design and production, web layout and photography.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Assist in filming production and editing of various videos for internal and external audiences.
- Research, prepare, write, and coordinate calendar, internal newsletters, and customer bulletins.
- Execute SCIC’s social media strategy including creating the monthly social media calendar and monitoring social media activity.
- Assist in the creation and production of media projects for campaigns, marketing and general branding.
- Capture stock photos for use throughout SCIC and organize the internal photography library for easy retrieval.
- Update SCIC’s external website and internal intranet site as needed.
- Provide coordination and planning for trade shows, ag-awareness events and other special events.
- Ensure that visual identity and corporate branding is maintained and used throughout SCIC.
- Participate as an active member on a variety of cross-functional teams including SCIC’s Youth Task Force, Balance Team and Values’ Committee.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
To be successful in this position you will need to be enrolled in a university degree program in journalism or business administration (marketing) or enrolled in a diploma program in website design and development, new media communications, or media arts production and must be returning to school in the fall.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
We are looking for someone with:
- Strong communication skills with the ability to write clearly and effectively.
- Self-started who demonstrates accountability with excellent time management skills and the ability to work independently to meet deadlines.
- Team oriented with the ability to work collaboratively.
- Customer focused with the ability to relate and appeal to the farming community.
- Creative problem solver with a promotional and innovative aptitude.
- Familiarity with marketing methods and public relations techniques.
- Familiarity and experience with social media.
- Strong working knowledge with Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office and web-based content management systems.
- Knowledge of Expression Engine is an asset.
The successful candidate must possess a valid driver’s license and willingness to travel throughout the province, present a work ethic supporting our corporate values and Saskatchewan agriculture and should the successful candidate participate in the Crop Insurance or AgriStability Programs, their account must be in good standing.
Please provide a writing sample no longer than 500 words with your application.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Melville, SK, CA
Posted on: 2016-09-21