OverviewSaskatchewan Crop Insurance Business Analyst – Summer Student Temporary in Melville, SK
Saskatchewan Crop Insurance
Branch Melville SK CA
Business Analyst – Summer Student
Planning and Risk Management:. Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize work demands with tight deadlines….
SCIC’s deep rooted values system on Innovative Thinking, Team Work and Community and Accountability to Ourselves and Others serve as the foundation to ensure results are achieved. The successful candidate must be a team player, able to both lead and collaborate, with a reputation for integrity and a focus on service excellence and innovation in their work.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
Reporting directly to the Manager, Business Services, this position is responsible for corporate business requirements gathering and documentation.
- Assist in facilitating meetings to validate, prioritize and document specific business requirements for enhancements and/or new project developments and implementation in support of the corporate strategy.
- Proactively gather information regarding business processes for review and analysis.
- Create documentation and use cases to assist in the analysis of processes.
- Assist in leading stakeholders to elicit, analyze, model, communicate and validate requirements for changes to business processes and information systems.
- Perform investigation, feasibility analysis and business planning for project requirements.
- Assist in developing detailed business and first-level user requirements documentation, adhering to business policies/procedures and operational standards, to include project time and resource estimates.
- Identify and recommend requirements activities for a project. This includes identifying key roles, selecting requirements activities, managing the requirements scope and ongoing communication program.
- Participate in conducting feasibility studies and in developing business cases that review existing services or processes, determining future business needs or opportunities and recommending strategies that satisfy business needs and objectives.
- Assist in ensuring business requirements are accurately reflected in IT documentation by reviewing designs, prototypes, and other artifacts.
- Provide business analysis throughout the project.
- Act as a resource to project teams.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
The knowledge and skills required for this position are acquired through enrollment in a post-secondary business program. The successful candidate must be returning to school in the fall. Other qualifications include:
- Knowledge of business analysis practices.
- Familiarity with business modeling, requirements facilitation, elicitation, and gathering.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with other employees.
- Ability to identify and resolve conflict effectively through excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to analyze business needs and processes to help identify project impacts using strong analytical skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment to reach desired results using effective leadership and organizational skills.
- Ability to work with minimum direction/supervision.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint and web-based applications.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize work demands with tight deadlines.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
Decision Making: Balances risk and potential implications before making a decision.
Service Excellence: Builds strong, collaborative and mutually beneficial relationships with customers.
Communication: Responds to audiences needs by modifying the approach, content or format of the communication.
Accountability: Takes personal responsibility for fulfilling own commitments and the commitments of the team.
Building Organizational Community: Actively builds relationships by establishing respect, trust, support and understanding.
Performance Management: Completes all assigned duties on a consistent basis with energy and drive.
Process Management: Recognizes and uses corporate culture, organizational process and underlying knowledge to produce the best results.
Analytical Thinking: Asks pointed questions and does research to learn more about the issue.
Strategic Thinking: Commits to achieving success at the team and organizational level.
Innovation: Thinks outside the box to identify new solutions.
Team Collaboration: Develops relationships by establishing respect, trust, support and understanding.
Planning and Risk Management: Continually adapts priorities and responsibilities in response to changing needs.
Personal Leadership and Development: Models integrity and inclusiveness by being open, acting with empathy, sharing resources/knowledge across teams and being respectful of all skills and viewpoints.
The successful candidate must present a work ethic supporting our corporate values and Saskatchewan agriculture, must provide an acceptable criminal record check and should the successful candidate participate in the Crop Insurance or AgriStability Programs, their account must be in good standing.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Melville, SK, CA
Posted on: 2018-01-10