OverviewSanofi Pasteur Technologist Temporary 12 Months Temporary in Toronto, ON
Branch Toronto ON CA
Technologist Temporary 12 Months
Required qualifications include a four-year Bachelor of Science degree in a Chemistry or Biochemistry specialization plus two (2) years of previous relevant…
Technologist Temporary 12 Months-75011043-59264JC
Sanofi Pasteur Limited is presently looking for a knowledgeable, results driven individual to join the Chemistry Platform of our Site Quality Operations Department as a Technologist. Reporting to the Manager, Chemistry, you will have the following responsibilities:
1. Advanced Instrumental Testing utilizing one or more of the following tests: HPLC, TOC, UV-VIS
· Responsible for equipment set-up, operation and maintenance, system suitability testing
· Execute advanced instrumental testing and troubleshoot test or equipment-related problems.
· Prepare samples, controls, standards and reagents
· Maintain equipment logbooks
2. Advanced Routine Chemical/Biochemical Testing including one or more of the following tests: Protein/Nitrogen by micro-Kjeldahl, Formaldehyde Determination by colourimetric method, SDS-PAGE / Western Blot, Aluminum Determination by titration
· Ensure methods are performed as per SOPs, troubleshoot equipment or test-related issues as required
3. Perform qualification of critical reagents, rudimentary statistical analysis and write qualification reports. Perform periodic trend assessment of test standards/controls.
4. Responsible for performing miscellaneous laboratory activities including all aspects of tests and relevant office work (e.g. reagent/material ordering, inventory management, hazardous waste disposal, preparing live waste for autoclaving) .
5.Maintenance of Quality Systems including adherence to GMP and, safety guidelines, monitoring and maintaining documentation related to facilities, equipment and testing. This activity includes updating of departmental procedures and re-validation of existing methods.
6. Method Validation
· Responsible for developing and optimizing test procedures, execution of validation studies
· Authorship of validation protocols and reports and update of test method SOP
Required qualifications include a four-year Bachelor of Science degree in a Chemistry or Biochemistry specialization plus two (2) years of previous relevant experience in a laboratory, pharmaceutical or biotech environmen t. Successful candidate should have sound knowledge of the principles of analytical chemistry; fundamental knowledge and practical expertise in methods including: titrimetric analysis; physico-chemical methods, e.g. pH, conductivity, osmolality; UV-VIS, GC, HPLC, HPAEC, LC-MS; SDS-PAGE and Western Blot. Knowledge of biosafety practices is an asset. .Successful applicants will be team players who have demonstrated strong interpersonal and communication skills together with solid organization and problem solving ability.
Sanofi Pasteur, the vaccine division of Sanofi, is the largest company in the world devoted entirely to human vaccines. Sanofi Pasteur Limited, located in Toronto, is one of the company’s four major R&D and manufacturing sites. We are home to Sanofi Pasteur’s North American centre for Analytical and Bioprocess R&D. As well, we are the largest Canadian vaccine producer: each year, we manufacture 50 million doses of vaccine and distribute them to more than 90 countries around the world. This variety of activities offers employees diverse opportunities for personal and professional growth. Our company attracts some of the best minds in the business from across the globe. Our 1,200 employees give us their best and we offer the best in return.
Sanofi in Canada embraces diversity in the workplace and is committed to achieving employment equity. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. We welcome applications from women, members of visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities.
Thank you in advance for your interest. Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Sanofi Pasteur, Connaught Campus, 1755 Steeles Avenue West, Toronto. ON, Canada, M2R 3T4
Job : Laboratory/Process/Device Development
Primary Location : Canada-Ontario-Toronto
Job Posting : Aug 10, 2015, 12:13:30 PM
Shift : Day Job
Job Type : Temporary Work
Employee Status : Regular
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Posted on: 2015-08-17