OverviewSales Development Manager for Calgary in Calgary, AB
Branch Calgary AB CA
Sales Development Manager for Calgary
Sales Development Manager(SDM) is accountable for developing and owning the strategy for aftermarket sales… original equipment sales. This will include…
Rolls-Royce, a world-leading provider of power systems and services for use on land, at sea and in the air, operates in four global markets – civil aerospace, defense aerospace, marine and energy. We continue to invest in core technologies, products, people and capabilities with the objective of broadening and strengthening the product portfolio, improving efficiency and enhancing the environmental performance of its products.
The Sales Development Manager(SDM) is accountable for developing and owning the strategy for aftermarket sales, including parts, spare engines, repair & overhaul, and upgrades known as Engineered Solutions (ESols). The SDM will work with other SDMs to develop and own the strategy for oil & gas and power generation original equipment sales. This will include developing an opportunity from identification to contract closure.
- Work hand in hand with the Customer Business Manager during the development of the customer relationship and initial project identification
- Prepare detailed budget quotations and technical / functional specification without detailed support from Proposals/Application Engineering Teams on aftermarket and working with other SDMs on original equipment
- Support customers in development of solutions for extended scope and supply methodologies, while minimizing R-R’s contractual risk position in these areas. This will include providing leadership for the Installation Commissioning Service(ICS)/Engineering Procurement Construction(EPC) team in the development of the extended scope / EPC strategies, identification of potential partners and Division of Responsibilities (DoR)
- Support customers in the development of technical specifications / Request For Quotation(RFQs) around the baseline design and strengths of R-R product range
- Develop bid/non-bid information and recommendations for review and agreement with marketing and business as required
- Capture Team Leader – assembles the project development team for both the conceptual phase and the RFQ phase, for complete project bid scope including customer services
- Lead the technical and commercial negotiations with the customer, until contract closure
- Develops the market level pricing recommendation based on competitive position, regional strategy, etc.
- Manage organizational risk through bid selection process
Rolls Royce Energy has a broad Customer base comprising companies in 120 individual countries, 4,800 units sold, which have recorded over 180MM operating hours, powering 35 pipelines in 24 countries, 600 units sold for global applications with 2,300 employees.
Rolls-Royce is a Military Friendly Employer.
Rolls-Royce is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and a barrier-free employment process
Please note: On the 6th of May 2014 Rolls-Royce announced an agreement to sell its Energy gas turbine and compressor systems business to Siemens. The sale is expected to complete before the end of 2014 subject to certain conditions, including regulatory approvals such as competition clearance. The role being advertised here is included within the part of the business which is being sold to Siemens. The role will, therefore, become part of the Siemens Group upon completion of the prospective sale.
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor degree and 5+ years of experience in sales or a similar role
- Strong customer focus and passion for delivery
- Strong understanding of product lifecycle
- Experience in the Energy Business
- Experience in a sales/business development role
- Strong analytical and strategic thinker
- Sales success in the oil and gas, power generation, or energy service industry Turbomachinery experience
- Excellent English communication skills verbally and written
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Calgary, AB, CA
Posted on: 2014-09-11