OverviewSAIT Polytechnic Accounts Payable Coordinator Full Time in Calgary, AB
Branch Calgary AB CA
Accounts Payable Coordinator
We have a permanent full-time opportunity for an Accounts Payable Coordinator to supervise a team of experienced staff in our Finance department….
Accounts Payable Coordinator
SAIT Polytechnic is a global leader in applied education, an Alberta Top Employer and a destination workplace for people passionate about making a difference in the lives of students. Now is an exciting time to join SAIT. In 2016 we will launch a new brand and celebrate 100 years of educating skilled workers in Alberta and beyond.
We have a permanent full-time opportunity for an Accounts Payable Coordinator to supervise a team of experienced staff in our Finance department. The Finance department provides financial, procurement, insurance and contract administration services at SAIT. The department acts as the institute’s corporate steward, complying with legislation and standards, maintaining key controls, reducing financial exposure, and providing guidance where risks exist.
The successful Accounts Payable Coordinator is a c ollaborative leader who enjoys creating a highly engaged work environment, building positive relationships and leading process improvements. You have experience exceeding customer expectations, achieving business goals and supporting organizational change. Seek a meaningful and rewarding career and apply today!
- Develop sound internal workflow processes, policies, procedures and controls; promoting a culture of knowledge transfer and cross-training.
- Coordinate and fairly distribute workloads, schedules and priorities of the AP team.
- Support fiscal reporting requirements and coordinate accruals and testing.
- Review and approve audits, transactions and reconciliations.
- Ensure the integrity of cheque runs, wire payments and accounts.
- Build close relationships within Finance, staff and vendor stakeholders.
- Conduct independent contractor reviews.
- Advise on and coordinate GST filings and compliance.
- Degree or diploma in a related discipline is required.
- Completion or near completion of an accounting designation is required.
- Must have a minimum 5 years related work experience, including 3 years’ experience managing a team.
- Knowledge of GST/HST regulations and ERP systems is an asset.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to exercise discretion and judgement.
- Excellent ability to communicate, build relationships and resolve issues.
- Exceptional analytical and technical accounting skills.
- Advance level proficiency in Microsoft Excel. Intermediate level: Word and Outlook.
- Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered.
Why Work at SAIT:
Enjoy a stimulating work environment, a beautiful campus overlooking downtown Calgary and a great benefits package including: comprehensive health and dental coverage, a defined benefit pension plan, professional development programs, generous paid time off, free access to our Wellness Centre, transit subsidies and more.
Please continue with the online application process through the SAIT careers website or Workopolis.com . Online applications are strongly preferred.
Closing Date: December 22, 2015 by 11:59 PM MST
If you have any questions about the role please contact [email protected] . Please do not apply to this email address ; all applications should be made through our online system .
- SAIT is committed to Employment Equity and invites applications from all qualified applicants
SAIT’s vision is to be a global leader in applied education
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Calgary, AB, CA
Posted on: 2015-12-13