OverviewSAINT-GOBAIN Maintenance Manager. Full Time in Ottawa, ON
Branch Ottawa ON CA
To direct and coordinate the activities of the plant Maintenance Department and exercise general supervision over the installation, maintenance, repair and…
To direct and coordinate the activities of the plant Maintenance Department and exercise general supervision over the installation, maintenance, repair and replacement of electrical and mechanical equipment, and the upkeep of plant buildings and grounds.
- Reporting to the Plant Manager and working closely with the Engineering Manager, selects, supervises, trains and develops subordinates and through them controls the activities of the department in work procedures, maintenance of safe working conditions, housekeeping and discipline.
- Directs routine and non-routine preventive maintenance programs
- Developing , promoting and enforcing of safe work practices in maintenance
- Directs plant service activities in the maintenance of plant roads, grounds, utilities and sanitary facilities.
- Coordinates materials, manpower and equipment required and schedules work for completion of special maintenance projects as well as Capex projects.
- Recommends improvement in maintenance and operational procedures and equipment, including some design or redesign of machinery, equipment or installations.
- Reviews and observes the work of the maintenance employees, and directs their skill development and training requirements.
- Inspects buildings, grounds, equipment, fire and electrical systems and is responsible for their proper and safe functioning.
- Leading loss prevention program in corporation with XLGaps + SG Loss prevention team
- Is responsible for the proper application and control of the routine maintenance budget and manpower assignments and their proper charging to cost centers.
- Maintains close contact with the plant production personnel to schedule maintenance activities with a minimal disruption to production operations and is responsible for the control of mechanical and electrical delay on the production machines.
- Interprets and applies the Labor Agreement and is responsible for safety training and safe working conditions.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Support of 5S, ISO, and WCM initiatives and other duties as assigned.
Prefer a technical degree, but equivalent training or experience will be considered, which will provide the ability to read, write, interpret and/or apply knowledge to assigned activities. Must be proficient in computer knowledge/application. Prefer five years of manufacturing experience. Core competencies include effective verbal and written communication skills, listening skills, ability to organize and retrieve information, and to handle people tactfully and effectively in situations involving various educational and employment levels. Requires strong hands on mechanical and electrical skills, knowledge of cutting, welding and rigging. Must have worked in a Unionized environment. Able to create and implement preventative maintenance programs. Ability to speak French would be an asset.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Ottawa, ON, CA
Posted on: 2015-01-28