OverviewSaint Elizabeth Health Care Program Instructor- First Nations CHR Certificate Program (Blended Delivery) Contract in Winnipeg, MB
Saint Elizabeth Health Care
Branch Winnipeg MB CA
Program Instructor- First Nations CHR Certificate Program (Blended Delivery)
Mentors students by demonstrating a high level of ethical and legal conduct and accountability. Preparing teaching materials and outlines for courses on the…
The Program instructor supports current and future organization growth of the Saint Elizabeth Health Career College. In collaboration with the Program Administrator (PA), the instructor is responsible for the successful delivery of the First Nations Community Health Representative (CHR) Certificate Program- Blended Delivery (on-line and in-person).
Duties and Responsibilities
A: Education and Support
- Provides education instruction to ensure successful delivery of the Community Health Representative Certificate Program.
- Preparing teaching materials and outlines for courses on the available curriculum, in accordance with program learning goals.
- Facilitates, supports and teaches students both virtually and in-person using a systematic plan of lectures, demonstrations, discussion groups, laboratory work, seminars, case studies, field assignments and independent or group projects and modifies, where appropriate, instructional methods and strategies to meet diverse student needs.
- Provide individualized tutorial or remedial instruction to students who require it
- Conducts student assessment and testing as well as educational/vocational goal setting; develop and explain methods that fairly measure student progress towards course objectives; evaluates student performance fairly and consistently; maintains accurate records of student progress and attendance.
- Facilitates and supports online learning:
- Through virtual coaching and guiding all learners to fully engage and succeed online
- Schedule and lead real-time lectures/webinars based on course syllabus and online curriculum
- Monitor and engage ongoing student discussions and other online activities/assignments
- Reviews, corrects and grades/marks student assignments
- Assess student suitability/ability to complete the education program in accordance to the established standards and report any concerns to the Program Administrator.
- Reports to the Program Administrator if the student is assessed as unsuitable and/or having difficulty or unable to complete the educational program in accordance to the established standards.
- Provides input to the Program Administrator on issues such as curricula changes and obtaining of needed training equipment.
- Implements curriculum updates/changes as necessary.
- Provides direct clinical instruction
- Assists with coordination, training and support of community preceptors (e.g. CHN)
- Assists with coordination, monitoring of students in community and practicum.
- In ways that maximize student learning; Employs appropriate teaching and learning strategies to communicate subject matter to students; modifies, where appropriate, instructional methods and strategies to meet diverse student needs.
- Organizes and conducts site/agency specific practicum orientations for self and students.
- Completes required documentation to support successful student progress including; daily attendance, practicum progress notes, mid-term and final evaluations.
- Evaluates students in areas such as practical skill, interpersonal skill, communication, and reporting skills, provides students with feedback and contributes to progress report.
- Mentors students by demonstrating a high level of ethical and legal conduct and accountability.
- Provide customer service to students with a focus on ensuring student success
- Works closely with the Program Administrator to ensure ongoing adherence to meeting Saint Elizabeth Health Career College educational and program accreditation standards.
- Working collaboratively with the Program Administrator liaises with internal and external stakeholders to promote growth and success of the Saint Elizabeth Health Career College.
- Development and submission of required reports to Program Administrator.
- Maintains a thorough working knowledge of and adheres to policies, procedures, and regulations; keeps the Program Administrator well-informed of activities, results of efforts, problems identified/potential problems. Respects confidentiality in discussing student related matters; also maintains confidentiality of corporate/project fiscal and personnel related information.
- Other related duties as required.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Current full registration with the CRNM or CLPNM (if applicable)
- Preference given to applicants with post-secondary education in a health related field e.g.; Nursing (RN or LPN), health administration
- Two or more years of experience teaching in a formal education setting.
- Demonstrated ability to teach adult learners (i.e. relevant training and education or previous teaching experience with satisfactory references or positive performance evaluations and student course evaluations); and
- Two or more years of full-time health care experience (1 year = 1400 hours) with relevant knowledge of the Canadian health care system, the roles and responsibilities of health care team members.
- A person of First Nations, Inuit or Métis ancestry is preferred
- Demonstrated understanding of First Nations, Inuit and Métis culture, history, challenges, issues and strengths
- Work experience with First Nations, Inuit and Métis health programs is required
- Experience in designing and developing training curriculum
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to lead, supervise and evaluate students
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to work within competing deadlines/priorities
- Capability to learn new techniques and methods
- Excellent problem solving skills and solution focused thinking skills
- Demonstrated experience facilitating/teaching on-line distance education courses is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with online webinar platforms, videoconference technology and tools Proficiency in Microsoft applications (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) or a willingness to learn.
- Position may involve evenings and weekends and use of vehicle.
Interested candidates may forward cover letter with resume by December 9 th , 2016
To learn more about Saint Elizabeth Health Career College find us on the web: www.saintelizabeth.com/careercollege
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Winnipeg, MB, CA
Posted on: 2016-12-04