OverviewSaint Elizabeth Health Care Occupational Therapist – Mackenzie Health (Hand Therapy Program) Part Time in Richmond Hill, ON
Saint Elizabeth Health Care
Branch Richmond Hill ON CA
Occupational Therapist – Mackenzie Health (Hand Therapy Program)
Richmond Hill, ON
Reliable, flexible, creative, self-directed professional, able to work effectively and collaboratively with rehab assistants as well as with a high performance…
Saint Elizabeth is a national health care provider that has been opening the door to new possibilities and experiences for more than a century. Recognized as Canada’s largest social enterprise, we employ 8,000 people and visit 18,000 clients every day. Through the Saint Elizabeth Research Centre, Health Career Colleges, the Saint Elizabeth Foundation and our leadership in person and family centered care, we are helping to make the future of health care brighter and stronger. Saint Elizabeth Health Care was awarded the Canada Order of Excellence in 2015.
We are currently seeking part time Occupational Therapist to work at Mackenzie Health with in the Hand Therapy Program. The Hand Therapy Program (clinic) provides assessment, therapy and education to individuals who have sustained an injury (trauma, repetitive strain injuries or disease/disability process) or undergone surgery to their upper extremity. The majority of the referrals are a result of being referred through and/or treated by the therapists in the plastics, fracture or minor OR clinics and referrals from the plastic and orthopedic surgeons within the hospital.
As the successful candidate, you are a graduate of an accredited program in Occupational Therapy and are a member in good standing of the College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario. You demonstrate excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills, both written and verbal, along with a high level of initiative and adaptability to rapidly changing demands.
- Planning and implementing patient centered, goal-directed treatment programs for those that have sustained an injury or have had surgery to their upper extremity
- The therapeutic activities include splinting, wound management and healing, Pain management, sensation retraining, strengthening, improving range of motion and Management with swelling with the goals to optimize function and independence in everyday activities with their injured extremity
- Will support the Plastic and Orthopeadic surgeons in the hospital clinics providing assessment and necessary treatment to the patients including static and dynamic splinting, education, therapeutic activities and exercise programs
- A member in good standing of the College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Hand Therapy program including supporting plastic surgeons in hospital plastics clinics.
- Reliable, flexible, creative, self-directed professional, able to work effectively and collaboratively with rehab assistants as well as with a high performance interdisciplinary rehabilitation team
- May require coverage across two sites – Mackenzie Health and an outpatient therapy clinic
- Sound knowledge of community resources is an asset
- Effective interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- A positive work and attendance record is essential
- Ability to adapt to new computer applications
- BCLS and CPR certificate
Please note that this is a part time position working Monday, Tuesday and Friday during the day
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Richmond Hill, ON, CA
Posted on: 2016-09-08