OverviewSAG CA Customer Service Representative- Halifax Full Time in Halifax, NS
Branch Halifax NS CA
Customer Service Representative- Halifax
Requirements •2-3 years of Freight Forwarding/Supply Chain Logistics experience. Principal Accountabilities (The following is intended to describe the general…
SCHENKER OF CANADA LIMITED is the 2nd largest Integrated Logistics Service Provider in Canada, with sales of approximately $1Billion and operating from over 40 sites across the country. The company spans a coast-to-coast network that extends to all major harbours, airports and border crossings. In just over half a century, the business has grown to include over 1,700 employees. Schenker of Canada Limited has a portfolio of supply chain services in Canada that include: Contract Warehousing/Distribution, Dedicated Freight Management, Ocean and Air Freight, Courier, Land Transportation, Customs Brokerage and Consulting, and services for Sports Events. tasks The CSR interfaces directly with the customer (and/or internal client services teams) and serves as the point of contact for all operational and administrative activities associated with the customers assigned to them. This is a customer facing role, with the objective of resolving the customer’s concerns and optimizing our business. The CSR understands Db Schenker’s business and works to identify and resolve operational issues and risks. The CSR acts as the continuity point between Sales and Operations by helping to on-board small to mid-size customers and identifies and acts on opportunities to increase revenue by offering additional services, or forwarding potential sales leads to the appropriate Sales resource.
Principal Accountabilities (The following is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not an exhaustive list of all expectations):
- This is a customer facing role; frequent and positive interactions with the customer are required.
- Provide effective and timely updates to the Customer n events, notifications and shipments specific information.
- Proactively updates customers in the event of issues. Prompt and effective response to Customer inquiries (change of plans/diversions/delivery/billing or other issues).
- Follow customer’s Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Manage Customers’’ daily reports and general requirements.
- Provide feedback to the account owner when required and appropriate.
- Analyze performance and monitor changes to ensure desired results; communicate issues/resolution and subsequent changes to CS Management.
- Ensure that all services are being delivered according to established Key performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Understand the Customer’s business requirements and current arrangements with Schenker, including products shipped, services provided (e.g. Visibility), trade lanes, destination services, transit times and value sensitivities.
- Effective interaction with Customer and coordination with operations on delivery appointments at customer.
- Attend Customer Service monthly and /or quarterly customer performance reviews as required and appropriate.
- Support Customer in requirements and communicate with related parties a necessary.
- Support with on-boarding team for efficient and client friendly transition to Schenker.
- Proactively identify opportunities and communicate with Commercial and account owner to provide value to the Customer.
- Manage customer bookings with overseas/ booking and /or operations as required.
- Analyze customer’s daily reports.
- Identifies opportunities to increase revenue by offering additional services, or forwarding potential sales leads.
- Ensures all necessary on boarding documentation required is accurate prior to transferring to Commercial Department
requirements •2-3 years of Freight Forwarding/Supply Chain Logistics experience.
- Ability to respond to Customers effectively and professionally.
- Awareness of Customer and company expectations on all customer service and performance issues.
- Ability to think outside of the box and offer effective solutions.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (both written and verbal) skills.
- Advanced problem-solving and critical thinking skills (proactive and reactive).
- Knowledge of MS-Office applications ( Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Viso).
- Proficient in French and English.
contact Schenker of Canada provides a competitive compensation package comprised of base salary, performance incentive bonus, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Halifax, NS, CA
Posted on: 2017-02-11