OverviewSafety-Kleen Driver, Class A Liquid – Debert,NS Full Time in Debert, NS
Branch Debert NS CA
Driver, Class A Liquid – Debert,NS
Maintain and clean assigned Company equipment as well as ensure equipment is mechanically sound and in good working order at all times….
Who We Are
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout North America. The Company serves a diverse customer base, including a majority of the Fortune 500 companies, thousands of smaller private entities and numerous federal, state, provincial and local governmental agencies. Through its Safety-Kleen subsidiary, Clean Harbors also is a premier provider of used oil recycling and re-refining, parts washers and environmental services for the small quantity generator market.
What We Offer
Clean Harbors offers all eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Competitive pay for this permanent, full-time position with opportunity for overtime
- Comprehensive medical and dental benefits
- Group RRSP with company matching component
- Opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
Our Debert, Nova Scotia location is currently hiring a Class A Liquid Driver. This position is responsible for the transportation of hazardous waste from customer sites to a Clean Harbors facility and/or an outside disposal facility adhering to Department of Transportation (DOT) and hazardous waste (HAZMAT) regulations.
- Ensure proper loading and unloading of hazardous waste/non-hazardous waste (i.e., compatibility’s of liquid to tank, etc.); Adhere to weight limits and ensure proper utilization of Company equipment.
- Responsible for the proper placarding of vehicles to meet Company and Department of Transportation (DOT) requirements/regulations.
- Responsible for maintaining daily logs, worksheets timecard, expense reports, dispatch & trip reports and vehicle inspection reports.
- Comply with Company policies & procedures and Health & Safety procedures, Department of Transportation (DOT), Hazardous Materials/Waste (HAZMAT) and RCRA requirements/regulations.
- Adhere to assigned milk run schedule of pick-ups and drop-offs.
- Maintain and clean assigned Company equipment as well as ensure equipment is mechanically sound and in good working order at all times
- Valid Class 1A license, with a clean 5 year Drivers Abstract
- Minimum 5+ years previous driving experience, operating tractor trailer units required
- Previous experience with hazardous waste handling/hauling, preferred
- Defensive driving certification an asset
- Regulatory Tickets (IE. TDG) preferred
Visit our career site at www.cleanharbors.com/careers to complete an online application process.
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Successful candidates must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis for any employer. Only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted. Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Debert, NS, CA
Posted on: 2015-01-25