OverviewSafety Authorty Policy Research Specialist Full Time in New Westminster, BC
Branch New Westminster BC CA
Policy Research Specialist
New Westminster, BC
Requires a degree in public administration, business administration, political science, social science, public affairs or related field….
Status: Regular, Full Time, Union Pay Rate: $ 32.99 – $38.20 Reporting to: Leader, Program and Policy Development Principal Accountabilities 1. Policy Research and Analysis:
- Researches and analyzes policies, programs, standards and guidelines and recommends policy alternatives to ensure BCSA’s mandate is met.
- Develops options, strategies and approaches to address service/program delivery needs by employing analytical techniques such as cost benefit analysis, economic impact analyses and gap analysis.
- Applies appropriate research approaches for collecting and analyzing qualitative and quantitative technical, socio-economic and political information.
- Provides written, verbal and multi-media presentations of research findings and policy options in support of BCSA strategic policy development.
2. Internal Program Development:
- Provides policy research support to internal departments and project teams.
- Contributes to the development, enhancement and implementation of new and existing programs through the identification of: best practices, economic trends, operational impacts, client value, and opportunities for innovation.
3. Stakeholder Engagement:
- Participates in the design and delivery of consultation processes with stakeholders.
- Summarizes input and feedback and impact on policy and program development.
- Prepares comprehensive reports, including the use of diagrams, to illustrate consultations findings and linkages with policy proposals.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Requires a degree in public administration, business administration, political science, social science, public affairs or related field. Preference may be given to graduate degree holder in related discipline.
- Minimum of 2 years related work experience conducting policy research.
- Excellent applied research skills – proven ability to design and conduct research projects and analyze and translate qualitative and quantitative information for non-policy audiences.
- Excellent communication skills – demonstrated ability to write, edit and present a variety of communication and briefing materials in a format appropriate for the intended audience.
- Ability to build teams, collaborate with project partners and foster relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to manage time to effectively balance multiple projects on diverse policy topics.
- Ability to exercise discretion with sensitive or confidential materials or issues.
- Knowledge of Canadian provincial and federal political and legislative frameworks, and decision making processes for public policy.
- Knowledge of business communication tools and software applicable to presenting policy research, including MS Powerpoint and Excel.
*Please note: As the system is in development, competitions will remain visible past the application deadline. Only applications sent prior to the deadline will be considered. Likewise, please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: New Westminster, BC, CA
Posted on: 2016-11-01