OverviewS.U.C.C.E.S.S Fundraising Assistant Full Time in British Columbia
Branch BC CA
Holds a valid BC Driver’s license. The successful candidate will support the logistics and execution of S.U.C.C.E.S.S. FT (35 hrs/Wk)….
Nature: FT (35 hrs/Wk)
Salary: negotiable based on experience
The successful candidate will support the logistics and execution of S.U.C.C.E.S.S. Foundation’s three annual signature events, Bridge to SUCCESS gala , Walk with the Dragon and Golf tournament . In addition to event support, the successful candidate will also support administrative duties as it pertains to the overall Foundation team, such as donation processing, invoicing, financial tracking, minute taking, and report generation.
Reports to: Events Officer
Key Duties and Responsibilities:1. Events Management:
- Support the execution of the Foundation’s three signature events
- Support core organizational administration as it relates to events and sponsorship including: timely processing of contributions/donations, vendor payments, tracking sponsor deliverables, event invitations, guest list templates, RSVPs, etc
- Assist all activities during events, including, but not limited to, staging, volunteer management, audio-visual production, silent and live auctions, etc.
- Other duties when deemed necessary
2. Administrative Support:
- Manage all appointments, meetings, travel arrangements, emails as directed, and action items for the Chief Development Officer
- Provide high-quality administrative support (managing calendars, taking notes, making travel arrangement, processing donations, financial management, creating reports, etc).
Education, Training and Experience:
- University or college degree or diploma in related field including fundraising, event planning, communications and/or marketing
- Minimum of 1-year experience assisting fundraising events (volunteer experience is acceptable)
- Fluent in English
- Ability to write in Chinese and speak in Cantonese and Mandarin are also required
Skills and Abilities:
- Exceptional interpersonal and donor servicing skills, with the ability to develop strong working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- Understanding of event financial management
- Thrives in a fast-paced work environment, maintains a positive frame of mind and sets an example of professionalism for other employees
- Detail oriented and accurate in execution, with ability to work well under pressure
- Able to adapt to changing priorities, multi-task, and prioritize well under tight deadlines
- Intermediate level of proficiency in using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Intermediate level of proficiency in using Adobe Photoshop and InDesign is an asset
- Holds a valid BC Driver’s license
Additional Information Requirements:
- Organizing fundraising events may involve working evenings and weekends
- Required to travel to other service or event locations
- Clear Criminal Record Check
Interested candidates please apply online by submitting your application (resume & cover letter) before 5:00 pm, on April 13, 2018
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Resume including the cover letter should not be more than 3 pages.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: , BC, CA
Posted on: 2018-04-04