OverviewS.U.C.C.E.S.S Events Officer Full Time in British Columbia
Branch BC CA
Foundation was incorporated in 2001 and is a charitable foundation responsible for raising funds for S.U.C.C.E.S.S. Full-Time (35 hours per week)….
Nature: Full-Time (35 hours per week)
Number of Positions: 1
Salary: negotiable based on experience
About S.U.C.C.E.S.S. Foundation:
S.U.C.C.E.S.S. Foundation was incorporated in 2001 and is a charitable foundation responsible for raising funds for S.U.C.C.E.S.S. and its affiliated organizations to support their mandates for the betterment of the community. The S.U.C.C.E.S.S. Foundation organizes fundraising activities and initiatives that provide financial support to S.U.C.C.E.S.S. and S.U.C.C.E.S.S. Multi-Level Care Society for the value adding programs that are currently unfunded or partially funded.
S.U.C.C.E.S.S. is a multicultural, multi-service agency, assisting people in the areas of settlement, employment, seniors care and housing as well as business, economic, community and social development. With over 20 service locations, a budget of $40 million and 450+ staff, S.U.C.C.E.S.S. is one of British Columbia’s largest non-profit social service providers. S.U.C.C.E.S.S. Multi-Level Care (MLC) Society was incorporated in 1995 to deliver continuum of care to seniors. Through advocacy, S.U.C.C.E.S.S. is also recognized as a prominent voice for positive social changes.
About the Position:
The successful candidate will be responsible for the strategic planning, marketing, promotion, and execution of S.U.C.C.E.S.S. Foundation’s three annual signature events, Bridge to SUCCESS gala, Walk with the Dragon and Golf tournament, while supporting the team with additional event needs if required. This candidate will have staff management responsibility, and will work collaborative with Officer, Corporate and Leadership Giving, to develop and strategize event execution that would assist in donor cultivation and stewardship.
Reports to: Chief Development Officer
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Overarching Responsibilities:
• In alignment to the overall Foundation’s strategic plan, develop strategies for existing events while planning new events/initiatives that would complement our Foundation’s overall direction
• Develop, and execute a holistic marketing plan to increase fundraising and event awareness.
• Develop and conduct pre- and post-event analysis to ensure the effective execution of events that delivers efficient ROI.
2. Specific Event Management Responsibilities:
• Develop and support the planning, production, implementation, evaluation and reporting for the Foundation’s three signature events
• Engage and liaise with event committees and build strong and positive relationships with committee members to ensure the delivery of high quality events that generate favourable brand reputation and maximum revenue
• Collaborate with the Individual and Leadership Giving Officer to develop and implement special donor cultivation and stewardship events
• Oversee (and manage if required) all activities during events, including, but not limited to, staging, volunteer management, audio-visual production, silent and live auctions, etc.
• Assist and support the team in the development of marketing plan that effectively promotes the organization’s events, programs and services
• Oversee the execution of event sponsorship activation
• Support the development of sponsorship fulfilment reports while conducting fulfilment meetings with sponsors
Education, Training and Experience:
• University or college degree or diploma in related field including fundraising, event planning and/or marketing
• Minimum of three years of previous experience managing fundraising events
• Fluent in English.
• Ability to write in Chinese and speak in Cantonese and Mandarin is required.
Skills and Abilities:
• Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to develop strong working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
• Knowledge and experience in marketing and sponsorship is an asset.
• Understanding of event financial management and ability to develop and adhere to event budgets
• Thrives in a fast-paced work environment, maintains a positive frame of mind and sets an example of professionalism for other employees
• Detail oriented and accurate in execution, with ability to work well under pressure
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office suite
• Knowledge of Riser’s Edge or other database is an asset
• Holds a valid BC Driver’s license
Additional Information Requirements:
• Organizing fundraising events may involve working evenings and weekends
• Required to travel to other service or event locations
• Clear Criminal Record Check
Interested candidates please apply online by submitting your application (resume & cover letter) before 5:00 pm, on April 13, 2018
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
* Resume including the cover letter should not be more than 3 pages.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: , BC, CA
Posted on: 2018-04-04