OverviewS.U.C.C.E.S.S. CANN Officer Part Time in Richmond, BC
Branch Richmond BC CA
Fluent in English and other relevant languages (speak, read, write, and type). Good physical fitness and health (this position requires extensive periods of…
Ref #: 11119
The CANN Officer provides information, orientation, and referrals to newcomers upon arrival at the Vancouver International Airport and facilitates the landing process for government-assisted and privately-sponsored refugees.
Reports to: Program Manager CANN
1. Uses various platforms to provide client-centered orientation and information services to newcomers.
2. Promotes national settlement, community, and government services and events to newcomers.
3. Provides services to refugees including assistance in landing procedures, meals, clothing issuance, interpretation, transportation to temporary residence, overnight stay, and connecting flights.
4. Records and reports information as necessary.
5. Provides assistance with resource development and conduct translation of brochures as necessary.
6. Attends staff meeting and training as assigned.
7. Keeps up to date on national immigration policies; programs and services for newcomers; events for newcomers; and shifting trends in newcomer arrivals.
8. Receives and stocks bulk deliveries of written resource materials and refugee items.
9. Completes other related program duties as assigned.
1. Undergraduate degree in social sciences or a related discipline, supplemented with 2 – 3 years experience in a social services related sector; or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
2. Proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office Suite. Database and website development knowledge is an asset.
3. Experience working with diverse clientele; strong verbal, interpersonal and communication skills.
4. Knowledge of settlement and integration; services and programs for newcomers; immigration trends and polices; and resources for newcomers.
5. Commitment to providing client-centered services, excellent team player, and ability to multi-task.
6. Creative and passionate about working with newcomers to enhance settlement and integration.
7. Fluent in English and other relevant languages (speak, read, write, and type).
8. Sound knowledge of utilizing the internet to access and search information; online communication technologies; and various electronic platforms (tablets, mobile devices, electronic kiosk).
9. Detail oriented and able to respond quickly to new or changing work demands.
10. Good physical fitness and health (this position requires extensive periods of standing and walking).
11. Available to work a flexible schedule (including early morning, afternoons, evenings, weekends & extended hours as necessary) and able to work extended shifts, split shifts, and on short notice
12. Clear criminal record check and airport security clearance required.
Duration: late September or early October 2016 – March 31, 2017 (subject to funding availability)
Salary: Starting rate $ 20.88/hour + shift premium
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Richmond, BC, CA
Posted on: 2016-09-22