Employment Type: Freelance
Posted on: 2018-04-04
S.I. SYSTEMS Sr. Business Analyst with Project Portfolio Management experience Contract in Halifax, NS
Branch Halifax NS CA
Sr. Business Analyst with Project Portfolio Management experience
Small delivery projects; ICT’s *Portfolio Project Management (PPM)*. Experience in *estimating project costs, performing budget projections,*….
Our client is seeking a Senior Business Analyst , for a 2 year contract, within Halifax, NS !Overview:
- Our client’s Information, Communications and Technology (ICT) division has been working closely with the various Business Units (BUs) on analysis regarding the technology projects they wish to implement in the next several years.
- ICT’s Portfolio Project Management (PPM) division is responsible for managing the incoming requests including the upfront analysis of the initiative, for the purposes of estimating, scoring, ranking, and prioritizing the project, which will create a subset of projects to be completed over the next several fiscals. This “gating” process requires additional capacity and expertise to assist with the assessment of various project opportunities, to complete a multi-year capital budget plan.
- The project opportunities require analysis in order to understand the technology and business impacts of the potential investment. The activities PPM uses to perform this analysis include, but is not limited to:
- Idea Assessments;
- Opportunity Assessments;
- Business Cases;
- Business Requirements Documents (BRDs);
- Small delivery projects; and/or,
- Refreshes of outdated of any of the above completed documentation.
- The PPM team has begun collecting and analyzing the large volume of potential technology investments , and some will require more in-depth analysis (i.e. Opportunity Assessments , fit-gap analysis , etc.) to move the initiative forward through the gating process. The objective is to complete the analysis on the potential initiatives within 6-8 months, in order to provide input to the multi-year capital budget plan through a prioritization exercise.
- The Senior Business Analyst will work closely with members of the Project Portfolio Management office on the various investment initiatives. He/she will be working with the PPM to develop deliverables that will analyze the potential new project and associated new technology and business processes.
- experience as the SME/Business Analyst through a strategic initiative (i.e. business case, opportunity assessment, strategy development, or roadmap ).
- experience working as a BA where a fit-gap analysis was required as a deliverable
- experience in estimating project costs, performing budget projections, and strategic long-term project planning
- experience in portfolio management activities
- experience as the Business Analyst soliciting and documenting Business requirements)
Job Type: Contract
- Business Analysis: 1 year