OverviewRoyal Victoria Regional Health Centre Manager Clinical Education and Practice Full Time in Barrie, ON
Royal Victoria Regional Health Centre
Branch Barrie ON CA
Manager Clinical Education and Practice
Appropriate education strategies. Demonstrated ability to achieve goals and objectives. This position is responsible for developing,….
This position is responsible for developing,
implementing and evaluating clinical nursing practice
and educative initiatives that enhance knowledge,
skills, and professionalism. It focuses’ on the
following initiatives: developing and managing clinical
nurse educators, RNAO’s Best Practice Guidelines,
policies and procedures, and medical directives. The
achievement of defined deliverables within specific
timelines and within budget restrictions is a primary
accountability in this role. Develops and maintains
strong working relationships with administrative and
- Lead the Development, implementation, and evaluation of
RVH’s Best Practice Spotlight Organization Designation.
- Lead the Development, implementation, and evaluation
- Collaborates with Interprofessional Practice Program
and other stakeholders to ensure that clinical practice
is consistent with the vision, mission and values of the
Royal Victoria Regional Health Centre and meets the
standards of the College of Nurses of Ontario and other
allied health professional Colleges.
- Develops programs that are evidence-informed.
- Supports knowledge-transfer at all levels of the
- Maintains policies and procedures for the
Interprofessional Practice Department.
- Assists with overall Interprofessional Practice Program
- Collaborates with other managers, directors and staff
to develop short and long term plans for units or
Health Centre Support:
- Participates on regional and Health Centre based
committees, task forces and working groups applicable to
area of practice.
I. Current Certificate of Competence from the College of
Nurses of Ontario.
II. Baccalaureate preparation in Nursing required.
III. Master’s preparation in a health related field or
IV. Canadian Nurses Association Specialty Certification
I. 3-5 years experience at a management-level position
in Professional Practice required.
II. Experience leading and facilitating Corporate-wide
RNAO Best Practice Guidelines required.
III. 3-5 years Clinical Nurse Educator experience
IV. Presenter and/author of Local, Provincial, or
National Publications and/or presentations required.
- Registered Nurses Association of Ontario Membership
- Proven ability to develop and execute corporate-wide
professional practice initiatives required.
- Demonstrated experience with Developing Policies,
Procedures and Medical Directives
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate clinical performance,
mentor, support, assess clinical needs and plan
appropriate education strategies.
- Demonstrated Project Management skills required.
- Demonstrated Change management expertise required.
- Demonstrated involvement in Nurse Sensitive Adverse
Events (NSAE) initiatives required.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively.
Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication
- Demonstrated ability to foster an environment which
promotes professional development.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to handle
- Demonstrated ability to achieve goals and objectives
within a specified time frame.
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Familiarity with pertinent legislation related to
institutional health care and health care providers.
- Demonstrated ability to energize, coach, mentor,
encourage, and support colleagues
- Commitment to growth and development of self and
- Demonstrated professionalism.
- Working knowledge Microsoft Office and Outlook
- Working knowledge and understanding of Financial
- Financial Management
- Ability to learn about, from and with other members of
the patient care team to foster a strong
interprofessional model of care.
Sensitive Sensitive Sensitive
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Barrie, ON, CA
Posted on: 2015-01-24