OverviewRoyal Roads University Research Assistant (to work with Dr. George Veletsianos) Part Time in Victoria, BC
Royal Roads University
Branch Victoria BC CA
Research Assistant (to work with Dr. George Veletsianos)
And assist in preparation and writing of draft reports. A writing sample (e.g., a course paper, a link to a blog entry, an op-ed)….
This is a replacement position
Royal Roads University is seeking a Research Assistant (RA) to work with with Dr. George Veletsianos, Canada Research Chair in Innovative Learning and Technology. As an RA you will be expected to assist Dr. Veletsianos in conducting unstructured or semi-structured interviews; analyzing quantitative and qualitative data; conduct literature reviews requiring critical annotations; and assist in preparation and writing of draft reports.
To be well suited for this position you must have excellent organizational abilities, exceptional interpersonal communication skills, be technically proficient and be familiar with research methodology. The successful applicant can work remotely and does not need to reside in Victoria.
For questions please contact Dr. Veletsianos on [email protected]
- Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- Enrolled in a PhD/EdD program or have earned a PhD/EdD in educational technology, learning technologies, learning sciences, curriculum and instruction, cognitive science or other related field
- Experience in qualitative research or quantitative research, or both
- Experience with analysing and synthesizing literature
- A keen interest in one or more of the follow:
– Digital/online education
– Open learning
– Emerging technologies
– Learning analytics
– Social network analysis and the use of social media by students and academics
This is a part time, temporary position for 20 hours a week starting October 1, 2015 for one year, with the possibility for extension depending on funding. The hourly rate is $22.00 per hour. The University is pleased to offer a percentage of salary in lieu of vacation.
Please forward: –
- A brief expression of interest stating research interests and experience as well as related course work (up to 1 page)
- A current CV including overall GPA
- A writing sample (e.g., a course paper, a link to a blog entry, an op-ed)
The names and contact details of two academic referees
(preferably in electronic format) to:
Email: [email protected]
Competition #15-092 -G0025
Human Resources – Career Opportunities
Royal Roads University
2005 Sooke Road
Victoria, BC V9B 5Y2
Fax: (250) 391-2570 Tel: (250) 391-2511
The competition will begin on August 13, 2015 and will close on August 27, 2015 ; however, the competition will remain open until a successful candidate is found.
While Royal Roads University values all applications we receive, only those candidates short-listed for further consideration will be contacted. RRU is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the principle of equity in employment. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority consideration.
Please note that two of our heritage buildings, including Hatley Castle, have some areas that are not easily accessible to persons who use wheelchairs. Please call 391-2511 for information and assistance if you are dropping off your application in person.
If you are sending your application via e-mail, please ensure that your electronic file is saved in MS Word or Adobe format.
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Victoria, BC, CA
Posted on: 2015-08-17