OverviewRoyal Ottawa Health Care Group Business Analyst, Access to Care (Patient Flow) Temporary in Ottawa, ON
Royal Ottawa Health Care Group
Branch Ottawa ON CA
Business Analyst, Access to Care (Patient Flow)
Strong knowledge of systems analysis, workflow planning, gathering business requirements and transforming them into functional specifications….
Interface with the organization and its various programs and groups to identify Information Technology (IT) business requirements related to the Royal’s provincial wait times activity
• Work together with the Coordinator, ATC Process Improvement, to identify process improvement points related to the Royal’s wait times activity
• Develop and maintain a positive working relationship with end user groups to ensure optimal utilization of the organization’s applications, while providing appropriate levels of end user application support
• Translate users’ high level requirements into functional specifications for the IT group and manage changes to such specifications
• Contribute to other related reporting and analytics work
• Assist in preparing communiqués and progress reports for broader audiences
• Work in a manner that is in compliance with staff and patient/client safety practices, policies and procedures of the Royal
• Ensure a work environment that is conducive to the Royal’s Respectful Workplace policy
• Minimum Baccalaureate degree in health administration or in a related health discipline
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a health care setting. Experience working in mental health is an asset
• Strong knowledge of systems analysis, workflow planning, gathering business requirements and transforming them into functional specifications
• Demonstrated understanding of hospital operations. Proficiency with various national/provincial/regional databases and data repositories used to capture information in various health sectors is an asset
• Demonstrated ability to analyze and synthesize a high volume of data and information
• Demonstrated understanding of change management principles and project management processes
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with and through others, as a team member in an interdisciplinary environment
• Outstanding interpersonal skills to work effectively with staff and stakeholders at all levels, particularly communication skills related to the explanation of complex systems to a broader audience
• Proficiency with MS Office (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Visio) and MS Project
• English level A- is mandatory in oral expression, comprehension, reading and writing. Bilingual (French/English) level A- is considered an asset.
The Ontario Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care (ministry) launched its Comprehensive Mental Health and Addictions Access to Care Strategy (MHA ATC) in 2011. As a starting point for this multi-phase Strategy, the four mental health specialty hospitals – Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, Ontario Shores Centre for Mental Health Sciences (Ontario Shores), The Royal and Waypoint Centre for Mental Health Care – are participating in a two-year ATC initiative addressing the access and quality aspects of the MHA ATC Strategy by measuring and reducing wait times, providing a robust data set for analysis, and creating a provincial structure to deliver the Strategy.
The Access to Care Business Analyst will work collaboratively with the Royal’s ATC initiative team, the provincial ATC initiative project manager, representation from the other three hospital partners, as well as multiple clinical programs and non-clinical groups within the Royal to facilitate participation in this provincial ATC initiative. This position will focus on implementing and supporting changes to systems and technology.
Contract to March 2017
• All applicants must provide a recent resume that clearly indicate that they meet the required qualifications.
• Please apply by clicking on the Apply button below. You will be prompted to either create a new account or login to your account.
• Applications will be reviewed as they are received. The position will be open until filled.
• The Royal sincerely thanks all applicants for their interest in a career with us; however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
• All new hires will be required to obtain a Police Records Check as a pre-condition of employment.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Ottawa, ON, CA
Posted on: 2015-07-31