OverviewRoyal Ontario Museum ROM In My Backyard Assistant Coordinator Part Time in Toronto, ON
Royal Ontario Museum
Branch Toronto ON CA
ROM In My Backyard Assistant Coordinator
Alban’s Boys and Girls Club to teach children ages 6 -12 years old creative problem solving using STEAM fields (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math)….
Part-time position (no more than 24 hrs/week) – end date March 4, 2017
ROM in my Backyard (RIMBY) is a multi-year ROM initiative in partnership with St. Alban’s Boys and Girls Club to teach children ages 6 -12 years old creative problem solving using STEAM fields (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math). As RIMBY Assistant Coordinator, the incumbent will support the Audience Coordinator in the administration, delivery, and day-to-day operations of the program.
Program delivery will be on-site at Boys and Girls Club locations on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from 3:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. with some Saturday sessions at the ROM. Shifts will include some on-site visits and some daytime administration shifts. The successful candidate will also be scheduled for the Program Wrap Up and Evaluation in March 2017.
You will provide logistical support, assist with program delivery and provide technical and administrative support for the program.
Part-Time Temporary Qualifications
- Must have completed a post secondary degree and have at least two years’ experience working with children ages 6-12 in a camp or after school setting
- Versed in principles of intersectionality and dimensions of diversity and inclusion
- Experience applying equity practices in a positive approach with marginalized communities
- Strong supervisory skills and ability to collaborate on program planning
- Ability to lead a team of STEAM leaders in a high energy, fast paced environment
- Ability to map out goals based on program requirements and follow through to conclusion
- Excellent decision making and problem solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Attention to detail, ability to keep track of multiple tasks over a long period of time
- Familiarity with technology, particularly makerspace technology such as 3D printing and Arduino is an asset
- Ability to work independently and act as a respectful team player
- Ability to build relationships with students and families from diverse communities
- Experience in group facilitation and behaviour management
- Current first aid and CPR training
- Vulnerable Sector Screening Check (to be completed upon hiring)
- Flexibility to work hours, including ability to work evenings and weekends
- Ability to travel to partner sites located in Bathurst/Dupont, Jane/Finch, Weston Mount Dennis, Lawrence Heights
- A valid driver’s license is an asset
How to Apply START DATE: As soon as possible
SALARY: $22.83* per hour
*this position is provisionally rated and subject to change
UNION: OPSEU Local 543
PROBATION: 420 hours or 6 months (whichever comes first)
APPLY IN WRITING TO: Mara Gunner, Human Resources & Organizational Development, Royal Ontario Museum, 100 Queen’s Park, Toronto, Ontario M5S 2C6; Fax #416-586-5827; (preferred) email: [email protected] – please quote Competition #2016-077– RIMBY Assistant Coordinator in the subject line.
PRIOR TO 5:00 PM ON: November 3, 2016
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Posted on: 2016-10-29