OverviewRouge Valley Health System Student Clinical Informatics Specialist – Clinical Informatics Internship in Toronto, ON
Rouge Valley Health System
Branch Toronto ON CA
Student Clinical Informatics Specialist – Clinical Informatics
Experience in the development and delivery of effective education programs using adult learning principles, and a variety of media and techniques….
At Scarborough and Rouge Hospital (SRH), the patient experience comes first. With three hospital sites (Birchmount, General and Centenary) and five satellite sites, SRH provides a broad spectrum of health services to one of the most diverse communities in Canada.
Created through a merger of The Scarborough Hospital’s Birchmount and General sites and Rouge Valley Health System’s Centenary site in December 2016, SRH is committed to delivering the highest quality patient- and family-centred care, with a focus on enhancing access to services for the Scarborough community.
The completion of this online form serves as your application and will be used to determine if you meet the requirements of this position. Please ensure that you have provided all pertinent information necessary to be considered for this vacancy by the close date.
With the integration of our two legacy organizations we have a number of exciting projects underway or soon to commence in the Spring. A number of our projects relate to expanding our electronic health record footprint across our three campuses thereby driving improved ourcomes. Other projects are related to harmonizing select systems allowing us to streamline, reduce complexity and create a single patient record. The sucessful incumbent will be presented with a few projects and we will collectively land on the project with the best fit. The project could be information systems or business process related and will require engagement with various internal and external stakeholders.
Reporting to the Manager of Clinical Informatics, the Clinical Informatics Specialist will have an active role in clinical information system initiatives across the organization. The Clinical Informatics Specialist coordinates and participates in aspects of systems analysis, planning, design, development, testing, education, implementation and support of clinical information systems and decision support tools. Using business analysis principles, the Clinical Informatics Specialist facilitates work-flow analysis and business process redesign. The Clinical Informatics Specialist manages relationships across diverse stakeholder groups, serving as a liaison between front-line users and technical resources. The Clinical Informatics Specialist also supports clinical standardization efforts and adoption of evidenced based practices.
• Demonstrated knowledge of Clinical Information Systems (HIS) and information systems lifecycle
• Demonstrated ability in clinical information needs analysis including system requirements analysis and documentation
• Demonstrated experience related to clinical information system implementations or other health system transformation projects
• Demonstrated project management skills/experience
• Superior communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
• Organizational, research, analytical, time management and priority setting skills
• Ability to function autonomously, and collaboratively with diverse teams
• Experience in the development and delivery of effective education programs using adult learning principles, and a variety of media and techniques
• Strong conceptual skills including strong problem-solving, critical thinking and decision-making ability
• Health Care Professional in a clinical discipline
• Experience with LEAN methodology
Scarborough and Rouge Hospital (SRH) embraces and celebrates our community’s unique multicultural heritage and diversity. SRH is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a culture of inclusiveness and diversity reflecting our diverse patients, staff and community alike. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Employment Type: Internship
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Posted on: 2018-04-04