OverviewROSS Recruitment Technical Consultant for Industry Leader-Bilingual Full Time in Montréal, QC
Branch Montréal QC CA
Technical Consultant for Industry Leader-Bilingual
Communicate effectively with both the team members and customers both in the written and spoken form. Ensure up-to-date knowledge in company and competitive…
Our client is a leader in business intelligence and analytics. Their software provides one integrated process for analyzing data from every source and gaining the predictive power to drive change at every level. This is your chance to join this great organization which has been included on Fortune’s list of the “100 Best Companies to Work For” for seven straight years. They have engaged ROSS ( www.getROSS.com ) to search for a Technical Consultant . ROSS is an innovative leader in Recruitment Process Outsourcing ( RPO) and Recruitment Augmentation. Our unique model truly creates strategic alignment between the goals of hiring managers, HR professionals, recruiters and career/contract seekers…
As a Technical Consultant
You Will… · Work with several key clients to implement, install, integrate and configuring BI applications
· Take direction from Senior technical staff on work products that need to be created
· Understand company tools and technologies well and demonstrate effective use of them in a customer setting
· Provide solutions to problems assigned by the technical lead on the project
· Work well with the team in the project to meet the project objectives
· Communicate effectively with both the team members and customers both in the written and spoken form
· Make effective use of the time to deliver a quality work product as agreed with the technical lead on the project
· Perform good quality testing of the work product developed
· Escalate technical issues with the team leader for solution
· Provide status on tasks assigned in the project to the technical lead and the project manager
· Ensure up-to-date knowledge in company and competitive solutions, through self-motivated approach to continuous learning.
· Actively participate in knowledge-sharing activities.
· Document programs and program flows.
· Ensure that programming complies with available standards
· Develop prototypes as required.
· Undertake design of modules as assigned by the technical lead.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
You Have: · Working knowledge of common hardware environments and operating systems; Knowledge of UNIX, and Windows environments preferred ( from a software installation and configuration standpoint)
· Basic understanding of connectivity issues and connectivity protocols, ability to use and configure software on multiple operating systems.
· Knowledge of and experience with :
- One or more databases including Oracle, DB2, Microsoft SQL Server, Informix, Sybase
- Client server, and multi-tier environments
- Job scheduling and event/exception management
- Security, file systems, and common network practices
- BEA Weblogic, Websphere, J2EE, web development
- Demonstrated excellent problem-solving skills
· Basic conceptual and architecture understanding of solutions
· Working knowledge of GUI technologies based on Java and .Net ( Microsoft). Designs and authors help screens, menus, indices to ensure ease-of-use and consistency.
· Exposure to testing and validation techniques in software engineering.
· Ability to work independently and with a team.
· Bachelor’s degree or higher preferred
Travel and Location:
- Ability to travel approximately 25% of the time between Quebec City, Montreal and Ottawa as this is mainly an external client-facing role. Other work can be done from your home or our client’s office
- Although ideally located in Montreal , our client is open to individuals who reside in Quebec City or Ottawa.
If you’re not interested, but know someone who is; please help a current or former colleague in their career development by referring them. In addition, we’re happy to give you a $ 750 referral fee. Click http://www.getROSS.com/referral_fee.php for more details.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Montreal, QC, CA
Posted on: 2016-10-31