OverviewRosewood Hotels and Resorts Event Sales Manager (1 Year Contract) Contract in Vancouver, BC
Rosewood Hotels and Resorts
Branch Vancouver BC CA
Event Sales Manager (1 Year Contract)
Providing a flawless combination of legacy with luxury, Rosewood Hotel Georgia features 156 guestrooms and suites, award-winning dining, and Sense, a Rosewood…
Position Title: Events Sales Manager (1 Year Contract)
Rosewood Hotel Georgia combines the grandeur of the Roaring Twenties with contemporary design in the heart of Vancouver. First opened in 1927, the legendary Forbes 5-Star hotel has been meticulously restored to its place as one of the most prominent hotels worldwide. Providing a flawless combination of legacy with luxury, Rosewood Hotel Georgia features 156 guestrooms and suites, award-winning dining, and Sense, a Rosewood Spa – the only Forbes 5-Star spa in Canada. For generations, guests have indulged in Hotel Georgia’s charming ambience, remarkable service and landmark location.
The Events Sales Manager (1 Year Contract) is responsible for initiating, soliciting, and negotiating contracts for hotel business, with a key focus on in-house events. Reporting to the Director Event Sales, the Event Sales Manager proactively engages with prospective and existing clients and maintains superlative customer service, acting as a key liaison with clients leading up to the scheduled event.
- Participate in sales calls, telephone prospecting, and market analyses to identify and acquire new/additional business.
- Build and strengthen relationships with new and existing clients through activities that include, however are not limited to, sales calls, menu tastings, FAM trips, tradeshows, and trade association meetings.
- Conduct on-site tours and site inspections with prospective clients and future incoming guests.
- Negotiate and finalize contracts with prospective clients.
- Actively participate in regular sales meetings, Rosewood training sessions, and any other opportunities to increase sales results and revenues for the hotel.
- Meet regularly with the Event Operations Management team to review the status of upcoming functions and events, openly communicating all information, including menus, floor plans, staffing needs, special requests, and specific requirements pertinent to the successful execution of each event.
- Suggestively sell menus that meet client needs while maximizing revenues.
- Ensure all definite functions are detailed accurately on Banquet Event Orders, signed by clients and promptly distributed to designated departments.
- Meet with the Executive Chef to plan event menus and communicate special requests from clients.
- Monitor the preparation and distribution of Event Sheets and Event/Group Resumes, ensuring all information is complete and accurate and distributed in a timely manner.
- Monitor changes to Banquet Event Orders, ensuring updated information is accurately communicated to respective departments in a prompt manner.
- Inspect function room set ups with Event Operations Management team prior to client arrival, ensuring all details are in agreement with client’s requirements and Hotel standards.
- Welcome group contact upon arrival at function and ensure guest satisfaction.
- Monitor, handle and process all billing/payment procedures, including the tracking and collection of deposits, according to established Accounting standards.
- Perform additional duties, as assigned.
- Exceptional organizational skills and demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced work environment.
- Must be self-directed, motivated, and demonstrate exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and openly in all interactions (verbal and written).
- Must be able to show initiative in job performance, including anticipating what needs to be done before it becomes a necessity.
- Confident ability to demonstrate strong product knowledge, including appropriate food and wine pairings, suitable options for guests with dietary restrictions, function space guest capacity and suitable floor plans, etc.
- Ability to exercise sound logic and judgment in evaluating situations and utilizing appropriate resources.
- Demonstrated ability to work with maximum accuracy, efficiency and attention to detail.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software, Delphi and Opera Property Management System.
- Ability to maintain a flexible schedule to meet the business needs of a 24/7 hotel environment, including weekends, evenings and holidays.
- Must be able to sit at desk, walk and stand for long periods of time.
- Occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel or crouch.
- Use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms.
- Must have finger dexterity to be able to operate office equipment such as computers, printers, multi-line touch tone telephones, filing cabinets, facsimile machines, photocopiers, dollies and other office equipment as needed.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree, ideally in Sales & Marketing, Event Management, Hotel Management, or Business Administration.
Experience: Minimum of 3 years progressive leadership experience in a catering and/or sales capacity within a luxury hotel environment.
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Vancouver, BC, CA
Posted on: 2016-11-02