OverviewRonald McDonald House BC Director, Communications and Development Full Time in Lower Mainland, BC
Ronald McDonald House BC
Branch Lower Mainland BC CA
Director, Communications and Development
Lower Mainland, BC
Leading the communications and development team, the Director will oversee and provide direction to the staff team, the charity’s advertising agency, vendors…
Ronald McDonald House BC and Yukon is a home away from home for seriously ill children and their families when they must travel from their home communities to Vancouver for medical care. Located on the grounds of BC Children’s Hospital, RMH BC can accommodate up to 73 families on any given night.
As a member of the senior management team, the Director, Communications and Development is responsible for the creation of strategic fundraising and marketing communication plans to ensure implementation of initiatives to meet performance metrics and the financial obligations of Ronald McDonald House BC and Yukon (RMH BC). Leading the communications and development team, the Director will oversee and provide direction to the staff team, the charity’s advertising agency, vendors and partners to ensure the organization is capable of implementing growth successfully.
- Act as a member of the RMH BC Senior Management team to provide support to the organization and the CEO and provide leadership in all areas related to fundraising, marketing and communications.
- Provide leadership to the communication and development team, including recruitment and selection, training and performance management and evaluation.
- Support ideas and develop annual work plans to help the team meet their objectives.
Marketing and Promotions
- Create, implement and evaluate communications and marketing strategies and plans that align with the organization’s strategic plan and its key stakeholders.
- Manage the RMH BC website and its content.
- Monitor the effectiveness of the website using analytic software and make changes as required.
- Oversee the design and update RMH BC promotional materials as required.
- Determine media requirements for annual campaigns, using campaign strategy, determine budget and plan the frequency and placement to make the media buy.
External and Internal Communications
- Create goals and set measurable objectives to meet the public’s awareness of RMH BC and its objectives.
- Monitor effectiveness of in-market materials and evaluate trends, ensure message accuracy, analyze and apply market research.
- Proactively seek media coverage for newsworthy initiatives both locally and provincially.
- Plan media launches and act as or work with designated spokesperson and coordinate interviews for media.
- Oversee social medial approach for RMH BC, utilizing all relevant forms of media, including; providing status updates on Twitter and other social media sites with the goals of increasing awareness, driving traffic to the RMH BC website and increasing donations.
- Develop and direct meaningful content for the website, newsletters and blogs.
- Provide support to the CEO and other members of RMH BC on media and community engagement, including direction for the organization’s annual events.
- Work with the team supporting events, annual giving and major gifts to set the direction and fundraising plans to ensure RMH BC achieves its financial obligations.
- Represent RMH BC with key external stakeholders, designing strategies to general new giving channels, increasing brand awareness and executing successful campaigns and appeals.
- Proven effective leadership experience.
- Excellent project management, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and develop clearly written plans and objectives for achieving annual campaign targets.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure of deadlines and dollar goals.
- Strong computer skills and excellent knowledge of MS Office programs and Raiser’s Edge experience.
- 7 to 10 years recent fundraising experience or communications, specializing in relationship building at a major donor level.
- Experience in developing, implementing and evaluating communication plans and marketing collateral materials.
- Demonstrated ability to understand the needs and interests of donors, 3rd Party fundraisers, and business partners in order to cultivate and sustain relationships.
- Demonstrated history of relationship building with Board members and other leadership volunteers, staff, prospects and donors.
For more information on Ronald McDonald House BC and Yukon, visit www.rmhbc.ca .
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Suquamish, WA, US
Posted on: 2016-09-21