OverviewRolls-Royce Shop Service Technician Full Time in Mount Pearl, NL
Branch Mount Pearl NL CA
Shop Service Technician
Mount Pearl, NL
We offer the world’s largest portfolio of marine products and systems from a single supplier, ranging from gas turbines and diesel & gas engines, through to…
At Rolls-Royce, we create integrated power solutions and innovative technologies that keep our customers one step ahead of an ever-changing world. We are a global leader in integrated marine power and propulsion systems with over 4,000 customers.
Our product range and vessel design capabilities enable us to bring the right products together when integrating sophisticated systems into complex ships. We offer the world’s largest portfolio of marine products and systems from a single supplier, ranging from gas turbines and diesel & gas engines, through to propellers, thrusters, water jets, deck machinery, automation and control systems, and even the captain’s chair.
To support both in-workshop and on-site repair and overhaul service operations on a variety of Marine equipment. Under the on-site supervision and technical guidance of a senior supervisor, is responsible for handling more routine maintenance issues, usually restricted to basic tasks on reasonably straightforward equipment on a more limited range of company products.
The following activities are to be carried out under supervision:
- Work as part of a team to repair or overhaul marine equipment and systems to meet specification and tolerances.
- Verify dimensions and clearances to ensure conforming to specification.
- Conduct tests and inspections to QA/QC standards.
- Read blueprints, schematics, diagrams and technical order to determine methods and sequences of assembly.
- Inspect, analyse, record calibration results and produce Service and Technical Reports.
- Report progress and issues to the nearest supervisor.
- Ensure that all work is done in accordance with applicable legal and Company procedures and instructions, including Health & Safety policies.
- Undertake product training as required.
- This role is often seen as a development role. Gaining experience by working under the direction and supervision of a Senior Engineer on a range of products should enable the incumbent to gain the knowledge and skills required to become a Service Engineer, in particular those associated with customer / relationship management and working independently to solve problems. Technical learning should take place through both formal and on-the-job training.
- Will have a technical orientation, good interpersonal skills and a strong willingness to learn.
- Should have knowledge of the relevant machining / tooling techniques, application and procedures.
- The role will provide exposure to both internal and external customers.
- Extensive travel (both domestic and international) is required, sometimes at short notice – often required to spend a week or more away from home at any one time.
- A current, valid passport for overseas travel is required.
- Should be able to work extended hours when required.
- Required to be available for Service Support on a 24-hour basis, including weekends and holidays.
- Responsible for maintaining personal transportation sufficient for Service Support duties.
Rolls-Royce is a Military Friendly Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic.
Qualifications and experience
- May at times be exposed to difficult working conditons (both hot and cold climates) and will be required to be physically capable and fit enough to move on, off and around vessels on a regular basis (in line with the local Health & Safety policy).
- May be required to lift weights up to 34 kilograms (75 pounds / 5.4 stones)
- May be required to use a mobile cell phone on a regular basis.
- Technical competence – may still be undertaking further education and internal training.
- Some understanding and knowledge of a range of products, systems, their functionality and applications, gained through previous technical experience.
- Verbal communication and written reporting skills in English language.
- Basic IT skills.
Create next generation innovation. Join us and you’ll develop your skills and expertise to the very highest levels, working in an international environment for a company known the world over for its excellence and innovation.
Trusted to deliver excellence.
Job – Field Services
Primary Location - CAN-NL-Mount Pearl
Schedule - Full-time
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Mount Pearl, NL, CA
Posted on: 2016-06-15