OverviewRoche Office Services Clerk – Mississauga Full Time in Mississauga, ON
Branch Mississauga ON CA
Office Services Clerk – Mississauga
Office Services Clerk. Human Resources & Corporate Services. The Office Services Clerk is also responsible to perform various Office Services departmental tasks…
Job Title: Office Services Clerk
Division: Human Resources & Corporate Services
Department: Office Services
Functional Manager (Title): Director, SHE & Corporate Services
The main purpose of the Office Services Clerk is to provide backup coverage to the Receptionist and Receiver. In addition, the Office Services Clerk is accountable for the Mailroom function and is responsible to perform all tasks included in the Standard Operating Procedures of the role. The Office Services Clerk is also responsible to perform various Office Services departmental tasks including the Assembly table work function, and ordering courier packaging supplies.
Reception Back Up
- Provide daily coverage for breaks, lunch and shift change, minimum 3 hours each day. In addition to full time coverage for vacation, sick days and any other absence of the primary Receptionist.
- Greet and receive guests into Visitors Sign In System, ensure employees are notified of their arrival, issue visitor badge.
- Arrange for transportation for guests (taxi), arrange for same day couriers, data entry for invoicing from Office Services.
- Reception shifts are 7:30-3:30 and 9:00-5:00, must be flexible and available for either shift.
Mail Processing / Outbound Shipping
- Work closely with Mailroom Receiver to receive, sort and deliver all inbound and intercompany mail for over 600 people in a four level office building.
- Process outbound regular mail, registered mail, couriers for Federal Express and Purolator. Use specialized Courier software programs for FedEx and Purolator. Make sure that items, weights, and contact details are accurate and paperwork for international shipments are completed correctly. Troubleshoot any issues arising from the paperwork and collaborate on a solution with Roche employee, customs broker and courier vendors, when necessary.
- Investigate inquires for lost mail and couriers.
- Process high-volume of couriers to US for PD group.
- Verify and process all courier vendor invoices to Accounts Payable and resolve any issues with vendors.
- Maintain the mailroom mail slots/carts, the mail stations throughout the building and field force rep mail slots with any employee changes.
- Send outgoing stamped postage mail. Monitor the equipment and implement any updates to the system (ie postal rate increases) and work with the vendor on any issues.
- Collect, sort, package and process outbound mail/courier for all pharma field employees once per week and the PD division once a month or as needed on an individual basis.
- Maintain the rep mail slots for all new field employees, create labels, and provide information into the Field Force Directory, shared by the department.
Invoice & Statement Processing
- Roche invoices and statements are processed and forwarded as per SOP. Forward all customer statements on a monthly basis.
- Perform backup role to the Receiver function on daily scanning of invoices received through the mailroom on behalf of the Accounts Payable department.
Office Services Support
- Provide support and back up to Mailroom, Receiving and Duplicating Operator for vacation coverage and any absences..
- Perform assembly work tasks when ask upon by the Duplicating Operator.
Who you are
You’re someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
Education / Skills / Knowledge / Experience Required
Secondary school required
Ability to coordinate tasks with teammates and support multiple customer requests simultaneously
Bilingualism (French/English) considered an asset
Excellent communication skills
Experience with Reception /Switchboard / Phone Systems
Ability to multi-task and be flexible with scope of work
Strong teamwork and collaboration skills
Computer Skills (Microsoft programs, FedEx Software, Ariba)
Attention to detail and ensure accuracy of work
Independent thinking and ability to problem-solve
Proactive participate within the team
Ability to safely work in a loading dock environment and operate pump truck equipment
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit cover letter and resume quoting Job ID# no later than October 8, 2015 .
This position is not eligible for relocation support.
This position is open to applicants legally authorized to work in Canada.
NOTE: All employment is conditional upon the completing and obtaining a satisfactory background check, including educational, employment, references and criminal records (for which a pardon has not been granted) checks.
Who we are
At Roche, 88,500 people across 150 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we’ve become one of the world’s leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon an individual’s race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Mississauga, ON, CA
Posted on: 2015-09-24