OverviewRiver Cree Resort & Casino Senior Security Manager Full Time in Enoch, AB
River Cree Resort & Casino
Branch Enoch AB CA
Senior Security Manager
Minimum five years experience in Security Management or law enforcement. Must have experience and contacts within the local law enforcement community….
A Senior Security Manager (hereinafter referred to as “SSM”) role is critical to the success of the River Cree Resort and Casino. The primary responsibility of the SSM is to plan, direct and manage activities relating to the protection, safeguarding and security of the River Cree Resort and Casino. This includes Resort employees, customers, contractual partners and all assets for the River Cree Resort and Casino. The SS Manager is also responsible for developing, implementing and monitoring security policies, procedures and programs and ensures the Resort is compliant with all agreements and applicable legislation as it relates to security.
Reporting to the Director of Security, the SSM will work closely with the Director to create and enforce security department policy, scheduling and budgeting. He/she must be able to work closely with Alberta Gaming and Liquor Commission (‘AGLC’), law enforcement agencies, and other external stakeholders by demonstrating a broad understanding and knowledge of all security and other relevant technical disciplines.
Within this role, the SSM will be responsible for creating and maintaining a positive work environment. He/She will be responsible from time to time to lead projects as assigned and be responsible for their successful conclusion. He/she will provide direct guest, staff and management interface with regards to River Cree Resort and Casino operations. He/she will evaluate new processes; products; and enhancements for inclusion in the River Cree Resort and Casino security process. The incumbent will provide support to other Resort & Casino departments as well as provide expertise on security systems as required. The SSM will be responsible for maintaining a direct relationship with local law enforcement.
- Coach and mentor security staff, which includes Security Managers.
- Conduct regular scheduled performance reviews as per HR established guidelines.
- Monitor and report on security status updates to Casino, Hotel and Ice rink management.
- Develop action plans, establish targets for the security management team
- Assign tasks to the security management team members.
- Evaluate the security operations as a whole and make recommendations to senior management.
- Participate in committees as required and implement industry standards and policies as they relate to Resort security.
- Represent River Cree Resort and Casino and participate in industry regulations/standards development initiatives.
- Work with all relevant security agencies to assure the River Cree Resort and Casino is at the leading edge of all security related directives.
- Develop security operational efficiency and quality control programs.
- Perform audits of security performance and conduct physical surveys of premise.
- Develop preventative security programs for all company and departmental locations.
- Develop or research and implement security training.
- Prepare reports relating to internal investigations of and losses or violations of River Cree Resort and Casino regulations, policies and procedures.
- Ensure that COS standards are being met with all members of the security team.
- Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience
- Minimum five years experience in Security Management or law enforcement. Gaming experience is preferred.
- Personal computer skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office is highly recommended.
- Must be able to hold a registered gaming worker license as set out in the AGLC’s Terms & Conditions.
- Past Experience completing all types of investigations/risk assessments
- Past Experience mentoring teams to reach optimal efficiencies
- Must have experience and contacts within the local law enforcement community
- Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets reports and documents. Ability to communicate effectively in a group setting or presentation setting with associates, upper management, terminal managers and customers.
- Ability to calculate figures, work mathematical concepts: such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Enoch, AB, CA
Posted on: 2015-08-16