OverviewRitchie Bros. Auctioneers Trainee Territory Sales Manager Full Time in Vancouver, BC
Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers
Branch Vancouver BC CA
Trainee Territory Sales Manager
In this program, you’ll train to become a Territory Manager (outside sales rep) for Ritchie Bros. Base salary, paid overtime….
Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers is seeking highly driven individuals to grow their sales career with us as a Trainee Territory Manager at our site in Chilliwack, BC.
What We Offer:
Our success is built on the drive and dedication of our people. As we grow around the world, there will be many opportunities to advance your career – we’ve proven this throughout our 55+ years in business. And, we’ll make sure we help you achieve your own goals along the way. We deliver our Trainee Territory Managers a competitive compensation package that includes:
- Base salary, paid overtime.
- Comprehensive medical & dental benefits.
- Group RRSP & employee share purchase plan, both with company matching.
- Paid relocation (where applicable).
- Ongoing sales training and professional development.
- A tuition reimbursement program.
Grab your steel-toed boots! In this program, you’ll train to become a Territory Manager (outside sales rep) for Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers. You’ll be exposed to 12 months of hands-on learning, surrounding every aspect of the auction business: yard operations, heavy equipment inspections and appraisals, customer service, marketing, and sales and territory management. Key requirements for this program include:
- A life-long fascination with construction equipment: if you were always the first kid into the sandbox and the last kid out, this could be your dream career.
- We need you to be adventurous and mobile. We may ask you to relocate up to twice: once for training, and once more into a permanent territory in another city or region of BC. (Click here to check out our auction site locations.)
- Graduation from a post-secondary education program is preferred, ideally with a major in Sales, Marketing, Commerce, Business Admin, Construction, or Agriculture.
- 1 – 3 years of post-grad work experience is required. Introductory experience in commission sales or managing your own small business is preferred.
- Excellent verbal, written and listening skills in English.
- You have a track-record of setting your own goals, and then meeting or beating them — but you never sacrifice your personal integrity along the way.
- You’re a true people person. You have and a natural curiosity about absolutely everyone you meet.
- You have a strong learning ability, coupled with a desire to learn more about everything around you.
- You’re a self-starter. Sitting still and waiting to be told what to do next just isn’t in your nature.
- You like to work hard, but still have fun on the job.
It’s important to note that:
- This is not an “8 to 5” job. As an event-driven company, overtime is a major part of what we do.
- Overnight travel will be required up to 50% of the time.
- You’ll have to maintain a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record.
- You must be able to work outside for extended periods in all types of weather.
- You must be able to climb on top of and under large construction equipment.
Click here to watch a video and learn more about a Sales career with Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers.
Office/Auction Site Location
Permanent Full Time
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Vancouver, BC, CA
Posted on: 2016-09-08