OverviewRitchie Bros. Auctioneers Equipment Coordinator Full Time in Regina, SK
Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers
Branch Regina SK CA
Basic operations) on heavy equipment. Maintain a valid, clean driver’s license. What we offer:. Auctioneers has an immediate opening for an….
Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers has an immediate opening for an Equipment Coordinator (Equipment Inspector) at our Regina (Rouleau), SK auction site.
Formally titled Equipment Inspector, this role is ideal for someone with experience in gathering information and specs on heavy equipment. No auction experience is needed to work in this role, and lots of training will be provided; this is NOT a Mechanic or Engineer position.
What we offer:
Our success is built on the drive and dedication of our people. As we grow around the globe, there will be many opportunities to advance your career – we’ve proven this throughout our 55+ years in business. And, we’ll support you along the way. Here’s how:
- Base salary + paid overtime.
- Comprehensive medical & dental benefits.
- Group RRSP and an Employee Share Plan, both with company matching.
- Ongoing training, professional development and a tuition reimbursement program.
- Safety equipment subsidy.
- Meals catered at auction time.
The Opportunity :
Our Equipment Coordinators (Equipment Inspectors) are part of our Detailed Equipment Information (DEI) team. They perform accurate and thorough visual inspections (eg. wear points, damage, hour meter readings, etc) and functional testing (eg. basic operations) on heavy equipment. They also:
- Gather and verify equipment inventory information (eg. contract proofs, equipment additions, serial numbers, etc.).
- Identify and record equipment components, accessories and asset details.
- Verify equipment descriptions, based on our Equipment Standards Manual.
- Ensure the quality of equipment data and other related information.
- Verify requirements for warranty applicable items.
- Compose and take photos of the equipment.
- Provide assistance as required to the DEI Team.
- Assist the Sales team with appraisals and write-ups in the field between peak periods.
- Promote a culture where the health and safety of our employees and customers is top priority for all.
Here’s what you bring:
- High school graduate with some post-secondary education is a must.
- Prior experience in equipment management (inspections, inventory and appraisals) and/or inventory control management, preferably in the auction or heavy equipment business.
- Knowledge of industrial and/or agricultural equipment, trucks and trailers.
- Proficiency using computers, MS Office Suite products (Word, Excel) and digital cameras.
- Top-notch written and verbal communication skills (you will be using a 2-way radio and a desk phone).
- Good penmanship – we need to be able to read your writing and printing easily.
- Excellent organizational skills, a keen eye for detail and a commitment to accuracy.
- Experience working independently and collaboratively in a team-oriented environment. You thrive working as part of a team, and pitch-in wherever needed.
- Strong time management skills; the ability to multi-task effectively and prioritize work are essential.
- A strong customer service orientation.
- You’re process-oriented, hands-on, and ready to roll up your sleeves to succeed in this role.
- You like to work hard, and still have fun on the job.
This job will require you to:
- Maintain a valid, clean driver’s license.
- Work both indoors and outdoors year-round, and climb on and off large equipment and trucks.
- Because we are an event-driven company, we’ll need you to work regular overtime, including weekend hours, at 3 onsite and 5 offsite auction sales. You can expect to work extra hours for 2-3 weeks prior to each sale, during each sale, and for 1-2 weeks after each sale.
- Travel 20% to other auction sites within the region.
For an idea of what our auctions are like, you can check out some videos on YouTube .
Office/Auction Site Location
Permanent Full Time
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Regina, SK, CA
Posted on: 2015-08-16