OverviewRidgeline Environment Intermediate Environmental Consultant Full Time in Lloydminster, AB
Branch Lloydminster AB CA
Intermediate Environmental Consultant
Client dedicated teams of Project Managers, Professional Agrologists, Soil Scientists, Hydrogeologists, Biologists and Environmental Consultants keep Ridgeline…
We are currently looking for an Intermediate Environmental Consultant based out of the Lloydminster area. The successful candidate will have a diverse skill set and experience, including; Environmental Site Assessments (Phase I, II, III), planning and supervising remediation and reclamation projects, soil, water and contaminated analysis, data collection and interpretation. You will work with junior field technicians to direct and guide technical infield procedures. Ensure field work is completed safely and efficiently. Provide cost-effective solutions to the Project Manager(s) while providing Ridgeline and our clients with a high quality of work while maintaining professional ethics.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Environmental Science, Reclamation or similar discipline;
- Professional designation or articling to obtain is considered and asset;
- 3 + years relevant field experience;
- Groundwater knowledge and experience monitoring well installation is an asset;
- Experience with reclamation and remediation on private and public lands;
- Experience with technical report writing and preparation of associated appendices which may include borehole logging, site diagrams, formatting site and aerial photographs;
- Knowledge of pertinent provincial and federal environmental regulations;
- Emergency spill response experience and training (ICS and WCSS);
- Flexibility to work on call – 24 hours;
- SIA and or AIA Member (preferred but not necessary).
- Strong commitment to customer satisfaction;
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills, exemplary interpersonal skills and is very detail oriented and organized;
- Precise attention to detail and ability to produce professional quality deliverables on time and on budget;
- Accurate data entry into electronic project databases.
What you will be responsible for
- Execute scopes of work and cost estimates under the supervision of the Project Manager;
- Routinely communicate the progress of assigned projects with the Project Manager;
- Provide site supervision and overall direction to the contractors on site;
- Manage and meet all client and regulatory ground disturbance requirements;
- Ensure compliance with all safety regulations, directives and SOP’s are completed as regularly required;
- Educate all field professionals on site of any hazards and identify effective hazard controls;
- Remain current with environmental legislation and regulatory updates, provide updated information as it becomes available to staff.
- Competitive Salary
- HSE training & PPE
- Tech Set provided by Ridgeline Canada Inc.
- Sub and Mileage Allowances
- Group Life and Health Benefits
- Health and Wellness Spending account
- RRSP & TFSA Programs
- Professional Development Program including; the School of Ridgeline, designation attainment support, bursaries, training, conferences and paid annual dues.
At Ridgeline we invest in our personnel, we take pride of our open team orientated culture and strive to provide and sustain a balance between the professional and personal life style. We offer the opportunity to all our valued employees to be challenged and grow within Ridgeline through an energetic and supportive team environment.
For further information, please refer to our website at www.ridgelinecanada.com
This posting will remain open until suitable candidates have been selected.
We thank all applicants for applying and advise that only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
To apply for this position, please send your resume to the Human Resource Department;
[email protected] Subject Line: Int EC Lloydminster.
Since 1999, Ridgeline Environment has prided ourselves with providing practical environmental strategies. Ridgeline provides its clients with a diverse team of experienced professionals able to plan and execute projects efficiently and effectively. Client dedicated teams of Project Managers, Professional Agrologists, Soil Scientists, Hydrogeologists, Biologists and Environmental Consultants keep Ridgeline clients at the forefront of changing or pending regulator legislation and industry needs in regard to our cradle to grave environmental services. Ridgeline’s in-house expertise and experience gives us the capability to develop remediation and reclamation programs for oilfield sites across Western Canada. Ridgeline provides an energetic and vibrant work environment dedicated to developing environmental professionals. Through Proactive Execution, Ridgeline’s management and employees are committed to fostering a workplace team that values quality, accountability, integrity, communication and safety.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Lloydminster, AB, CA
Posted on: 2016-11-01