Employment Type: Full Time
Posted on: 2015-09-24
Ricki’s Business Development Leader – MB/SK Full Time in Winnipeg, MB
Branch Winnipeg MB CA
Business Development Leader – MB/SK
Identifies unique product (real estate and store concept) opportunities to enhance regional sales by listening to customers, shopping competitors, observing…
Responsible for ensuring sales targets are met or exceeded. He or she will manage the performance of the sales team in the district; providing development, training, mentoring and coaching.
- Achieves profit goals by achieving sales and productivity plans and controlling expenses.
- Trains and develops associates by providing solid leadership in: objective evaluations, on going feedback, training, coaching, counselling and discipline. Provides internal candidates for openings and opportunity for self-fulfillment by developing associates for promotions.
- Provides a positive working environment by displaying an effective supervision style and leading by example in all areas of responsibility.
- Selects quality management associates by effectively recruiting, interviewing and hiring new associates and by developing existing associates.
- Ensures stores are merchandised effectively by utilizing the guidelines set by the Visual Display Department and by providing feedback and training to foster creative presentation.
- Maintains store operations standards by ensuring all policies and procedures are adhered to and inventory shrinkage is controlled.
- Maintains appropriate inventory levels by communicating with the Merchandise Distribution Department regarding merchandise mix in the stores.
- Identifies unique product (real estate and store concept) opportunities to enhance regional sales by listening to customers, shopping competitors, observing regional style preferences and reading trade periodicals, and by communicating this knowledge to the Buying Department, Real Estate Department, and encouraging other divisions to open stores in the region.
- Previous successful experience as supervisor is required.
- Experience in all aspects of sales, including business planning.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and direct sales teams.
- Ability to train, develop, mentor and coach associates.
- Excellent teamwork and team building skills.
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills.
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with corporate departments, key business partners, store leaders and customers.
- Demonstrated ability in organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling.
- Knowledge of cost analysis, fiscal management, and budgeting techniques.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.