OverviewRick Hansen Foundation Coordinator, Job Creation Partnership Contract in Lower Mainland, BC
Rick Hansen Foundation
Branch Lower Mainland BC CA
Coordinator, Job Creation Partnership
Lower Mainland, BC
You will be responsible for providing high-level administrative support to the JCP team, including scheduling, coordinating activities for the Access Assistants…
FULL-TIME TERM POSITION: APPROXIMATELY 5 MONTHS (WITH POSSIBILITY OF EXTENSION)
Founded on the legacy of Rick Hansen’s Man In Motion World Tour, the Rick Hansen Foundation (RHF) is a Canadian registered charity with the vision of creating an inclusive world where people with disabilities are healthy and living to their full potential. Through our programs and partnerships, we break down barriers for people with disabilities by changing attitudes, creating accessible spaces and inspiring an inclusive society.
The Job Creation Partnership (JCP) was launched by the RHF with support from the BC Ministry of Social Development & Social Innovation’s (MSDSI) Community and Employer Partnerships (CEP) funding and aligns with the goals of Accessibility 2024 .
You will be responsible for providing high-level administrative support to the JCP team, including scheduling, coordinating activities for the Access Assistants and managing the Accessibility Certification Rating (ACR) calendars. Reporting to the Access Manager, you will work closely with the Access Assistants, Manager of Accessibility Certification Pilot Programs (ACPP), RHF staff, external parties and consultants, as well as the Access & Inclusion team.
- Contact clients to coordinate accessibility rating surveys and track the status of accessibility certification ratings;
- Coordinate organization of information and assist with entering data to ensure ACR sheets and accompanying resources/reports are clear and stored in appropriate folders;
- Draft emails, letters, briefing notes, reports and proposals on behalf of the Access Manager and Manager of ACPP;
- Coordinate conference calls, book meetings, prepare and distribute meeting agendas, as well as take minutes;
- Prepare expense claims and purchase orders, as well as receive and distribute confidential mail;
- Respond to general enquiries, as well as update, organize and maintain files/records related to the JCP team;
- Help nurture and track relationships with key contacts and partner organizations;
- Support the Access Manager in ensuring the activities and milestones of the Access Assistants are being tracked, met and communicated to WorkBC;
- Support the collection of metrics, program evaluations and reporting;
- Perform research and special projects as needed;
- Attend public and private events as needed; and
- Perform other related duties.
- 3+ years of related experience and a post-secondary degree in a relevant discipline;
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and Outlook;
- High degree of professionalism, flexibility and adaptability;
- Effective relationship management and problem-solving skills;
- Strong oral communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively and tactfully;
- Ability to compose clear and concise business correspondence with correct grammar, spelling and punctuation;
- Ability to multitask and deal with pressure of competing priorities; and
- Criminal Record Review.
- Post-secondary courses in Project Management, Occupational Health & Safety, Healthcare, Disability Studies, Interior Design or Office Administration;
- Experience with survey and video conferencing software (e.g. Zoom);
- Working knowledge of SharePoint;
- Knowledge of issues and information relating to accessibility and/or disability;
- Experience working with individuals with disabilities or disability groups;
- Ability to interpret building/construction plans; and
- Valid First Aid and CPR certification.
The RHF is committed to building a diverse workforce representative of the communities we serve and highly encourages qualified candidates with disabilities to apply. While we thank all applications for their interest, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
F or more information on the Rick Hansen Foundation, please visit our website at www.rickhansen.com
Please note that this position is located at the RHF offices in Richmond, British Columbia. No relocation assistance will be provided.
Application Deadline: February 24, 2017
How to Apply:
Please mention you saw this posting on WorkInNonProfits.ca.
Please click the link below APPLY NOW to view the full job posting and/or apply.
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Vancouver, BC, CA
Posted on: 2017-02-11