OverviewRexall Pharma Pharmacy Manager LTC – Prince George, BC 7175 Full Time in Prince George, BC
Branch Prince George BC CA
Pharmacy Manager LTC – Prince George, BC 7175
Prince George, BC
Experience in retail pharmaceutical systems and dispensing procedures. Develops inventory control and ordering procedures for all pharmaceuticals….
Reporting to the Regional Pharmacy Director, the Pharmacy Manager is responsible for managing the store pharmacy operations according to company guidelines, professional standards, all applicable provincial and federal laws and regulations and the provision of patient focused services. Responsible for maintaining a cohesive working relationship with the Front Store Manager and staff. .
STAFF: Responsible for training, coaching and direct supervision of pharmacists, pharmacy technicians and other pharmacy staff
FINANCIAL: Establishment and achievement of stores’ budget
Achieving or exceeding approved Annual Sales Budget
Achieving or exceeding approved Gross margin Budget
Achieving or exceeding approved Patient Focused Services Objectives
Maintaining expenses at or below budget
Maintaining Cost of Sell within budget
SCRIPT LEVEL: above 1200 scripts per week
- Dispense prescriptions and consults with patients ensuring maximization of OTC sales
- Consult with patients to maximize Rx and OTC sales.
- Perform patient focused services as deemed eligible and appropriate for the patients
- Develops inventory control and ordering procedures for all pharmaceuticals following company formulary.
- Control shrinkage in areas such as damaged goods, returns, internal and external theft, by proper pricing and proper receiving procedures.
- Responsible for timely return of outdated merchandise through ongoing review of product date coding.
- Report all dispensing errors found / reported by completing a ‘PRESCRIPTION INCIDENT REPORT’ and faxing to the V.P. Finance within 24 hours.
- Compliance with all Federal & Provincial legislation.
- Organizes and executes all Professional Service programs including Clinic Days, Awareness Events and/or other in-store events as directed by Head Office or as identified as a need of the community.
- Analyzes and reviews pertinent financial reports and follows Head Office reporting procedures.
- Ensures policies and procedures are in place to minimize shrinkage and internal theft.
- Responsible for supervising follow up and collection of third party receivables and any outstanding charge accounts.
- Responsible for the registration and/or the maintenance of complete and accurate documentation of all patient focused services performed or the training of staff to whom these duties will be delegated.
- Ensures daily operation, security and upkeep of dispensary computer, including daily and weekly data backup.
- Maintaining a file for all store level safety issues in order to ensure compliance with health & safety legislation and labour audit purposes.
- Staff training of Health & Safety issues and reporting procedures.
- Supervision of routine Store Safety inspections to aid in preventing future accidents and/or health and safety incidents.
- Completing all WCB/WSIB reports in case of accident.
- Ensures company standard operating procedures, policies, professional standards and applicable laws and regulations are followed.
- Ensures dispensary area meets Katz Group’s maintenance standards.
- Ensuring all staff are charging and recording all appropriate Federal and Provincial taxes.
- Completing and forwarding any Occurrence or Incident report as required in order to comply with all health and safety policies and procedures.
- Responsible for timely store opening and closing, including security alarm activation in order to comply with company operation standards and regulations.
- Responsible for the maintenance of loss prevention equipment.
- Responsible for security of cash floats, deposits, lottery tickets & terminals, transit tickets and postage inventory.
- Adhere to prescribed Katz Group Canada Ltd.’s Rexall Formulary.
- Responsible for Charge Account Management.
- Creates a customer focused environment that excels in customer/patient care.
- Provide professional advice, and applicable dialogue with patients on prescription and O.T.C products in order to provide excellent customer service and encourage customer loyalty.
- Demonstrates awareness and acts upon CSI results and expectations.
Marketing and Merchandising
- Develops inventory control and ordering procedures for all pharmaceuticals.
- Maintains dispensing inventory levels within prescribed guidelines through accurate perpetual inventory records.
- Ensures completion and accuracy of order replenishment, incoming pharmaceuticals and perpetual inventory.
- Ensures all in-store POP is in good condition and visibly displayed to support the applicable promotions. People Development
- Responsible for recruiting, training, motivating and the evaluation of all staff to ensure proper staffing and efficient store operations.
- Responsible for proper scheduling of all personnel in dispensary.
- Effective two way communication with all store employees, head office staff, regional resources.
- Responsible for recording accurate payroll hours and adjustments on the bi-weekly timesheets to ensure that all payroll is processed accurately and is reflective of the employees hours worked.
- Perform other duties as assigned to support KATZ Group Canada Ltd.
Required Skills Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Degree with a focus in Pharmacy or relevant discipline required, University Business degree an asset
- Licensed Pharmacist in the store’s province.
- Experience in retail pharmaceutical systems and dispensing procedures
- Previous Pharmacy or Pharmacy Manager experience is preferred
- People Management and Coaching experience
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects.
- Experience in judgment/decision making.
- Leadership skills with the ability to motivate
- Ability to work independently and also as a team player.
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel
Context and Environment:
Must be able to maintain balance between profession of pharmacy and business of pharmacy while leading a Pharmacy store. Focus is on customer needs and policy implementation. Main operating leader for the Rx store level department with the responsibility of ensuring that all budgets are achieved or surpassed while efficiently maintaining the focus on total store contributions. Through Regional Pharmacy Directors ensure the needs/issues of the store is
met /resolved by working collaboratively with the larger Katz organization. This job requires a high degree of accuracy and confidentiality.
Internal Communications :
Able to interact effectively with store employees at all levels, Regional Directors, VP of Operations, head office employees and management.
Effective two-way communications with customers, physicians, suppliers, and other pharmacists.
Include daily review and distribution of Pharma Plus/Rexall bulletin.
hours of operation are: Monday to Friday 8:30am to 5:30pm and Saturday 9am to 5pm .
Shifts during the week are either 8:30am to 5pm , 8:45am to 5:15pm or 9am to 5:30pm .
Note: there is only 1 pharmacist on Saturdays (i.e. no 30 minute lunch break).
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Prince George, BC, CA
Posted on: 2015-07-31