OverviewRevera Inc. Recreation Aide Contract in Winnipeg, MB
Branch Winnipeg MB CA
Assists with the maintenance of appropriate department records including assessments, evaluations of planned programs detailing individual participation,…
Reporting to the Recreation Manager, the Recreation Aide assist in the planning, organization and implementation of meaningful programs for the residents.
- Assist in the planning, organization and implementation of meaningful programs for the residents, in collaboration with the Recreation Manager & Executive Director;
- Assists with the maintenance of appropriate department records including assessments, evaluations of planned programs detailing individual participation, charting;
- Maintains effective communication and good human relations with residents, families, volunteers and staff of other departments, keeping them informed of current and upcoming events;
- Attends in-service education in order to keep informed of current trends in the total care of the elderly;
- Participates in team meetings to plan programs with residents’ interest in mind;.
- Facilitating residents to scheduled and pre-arranged outings;
- Assisting with assessment of individual resident activity levels;
- Preparing, carrying out and evaluating daily activities;
- Assisting with meal services as required;
- Other duties as assigned.
- College diploma in Recreation, Leisure Studies, Gerontology or equivalent is required;
- Previous experience working with seniors;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook);
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- An energetic, compassionate person who enjoys working with the elderly;
- Valid provincial driver’s license to transport residents by van (i.e.: Class 4; Class F).
- Current (within 6 months) Vulnerable Position/Sector Screening (VPS).
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Winnipeg, MB, CA
Posted on: 2016-09-21