OverviewRevera Inc. Dietary Aide Contract in London, ON
Branch London ON CA
Preference will be given to individuals who have previous experience in the food service industry and working with seniors….
Site: Horizon Place
Site Address: Horizon Place ,760 Horizon Drive,London,ON,N6H 5G3
Employment Type: Casual
Expiration Date: 07/02/2018
Reporting to the Director of Culinary Services/the Manager of Food Services, the Dietary Aide provides support to the set up, preparation, serving and clean up associated with all meal services in the Residence/Home.
- To serve meals to residents and guests in a professional and courteous manner;
- To assist in the set up and preparation for service of various items such as beverages, salads, desserts, etc.
- To set and clear dining tables and deliver tray service as required;
- To assist with cleaning of dishware, cutlery at the conclusion of each seating as required
- To assist with maintaining the cleanliness of kitchen and dining area as required
- To assist with catering, and actively participate in special occasions and theme events
- To assist in the orientation and training of new dietary employees
- To follow and comply with health and safety legislation and departmental safe job procedures
- To comply with all provincial regulations and established department policies and procedures
- To be aware of the Resident Rights & Responsibilities and endeavor to respect and promote it
- To attend in-service training as required in order to better serve the needs of the residents
- To attend staff meetings as required to be aware of changes in Residence that have taken place
- To participate in the Quality Improvement Program
- To uphold and promote the organization’s values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, morality, and integrity as set out in Revera’s Code of Conduct
- To complete all other tasks as assigned.
- Must possess a Food Handler’s Certificate
- Preference will be given to individuals who have previous experience in the food service industry and working with seniors
- Demonstrates excellent customer service skills
- Must be physically able to lift and transfer heavy, hot items and stand/walk for majority of shift
- Proficiency in a second language is considered an asset.
- Current (within 6 months) Vulnerable Position/Sector Screening (VPS).
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: London, ON, CA
Posted on: 2018-01-10