OverviewRevera Inc. Cook Contract in Saskatoon, SK
Branch Saskatoon SK CA
Reporting to the Director of Culinary Services/the Food Services Manager, the Cook is responsible for preparation and delivery of all foods for residents,…
Reporting to the Director of Culinary Services/the Food Services Manager, the Cook is responsible for preparation and delivery of all foods for residents, guests and employees.
- To prepare and/or be responsible for the preparation/delivery of all foods for residents, guests and employees
- To review menus and production sheets before preparing meals and prepare and serve them properly and attractively
- To ensure use of proper food handling techniques
- To complete daily temperature audits for fridge, freezers and storerooms and record findings on daily audit form
- To prepare and serve foods for therapeutic /speciality diets according to planned menus
- To make menu substitutions as necessary and record these in designated place
- To adhere to time schedules for service of meals and nourishments
- To follow daily production charts, standardized recipes and daily composite menus, while working within a set budget
- To comply with all provincial/municipal regulations and established dietary department policies and procedures
- To participate actively in planning/preparing special occasion and theme meal days
- To attend department and facility staff meetings, in-services and other necessary training sessions
- To be aware of the Resident Rights & Responsibilities and endeavor to respect and promote it
- To participate in the Quality Improvement Program;
- To follow and comply with health and safety legislation and departmental safe job procedures
- To uphold and promote the organization’s values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, morality, and integrity as set out in Revera’s Code of Conduct
- To complete all other tasks as assigned.
- Must possess a Food Handler’s Certificate;
- Red Seal Certificate preferred;
- Must have experience in large quantity food preparation, preferably in a healthcare or retirement setting;
- Must be knowledgeable of the Provincial Food Premises Regulation and Canada’s Food Guide to Healthy Eating;
- Must have knowledge of and experience with special and therapeutic diets;
- Must be physically able to lift and transfer heavy, hot items and stand for majority of shift;
- Proficiency in a second language is considered an asset.
- Current (within 6 months) Vulnerable Position/Sector Screening (VPS).
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Saskatoon, SK, CA
Posted on: 2016-12-05