Employment Type: Freelance
Posted on: 2014-09-11
Retail Leasing Administrator in Calgary, AB
Branch Calgary AB CA
Retail Leasing Administrator
and collection. Assist in the collection of Tenant sales and the final completion of the sales reports. Cross train in JDE cash receipt applications. Assist…
RETAIL LEASING ADMINISTRATOR Retail Services North Hill Centre Calgary, AB Responsibilities:
- Embrace and pro-actively support Bentall Kennedy’s culture of environmental sustainability, and corporate and social responsibility.
- Assist the Director of Leasing with drafting lease proposals, lease renewals, offers to lease, and related correspondence to tenants.
- Update Leasing report/progress report for all managed properties in Alberta, Manitoba
- Process credit reports, corporate registry and land title search requests.
- Follow-up on outstanding documentation as required.
- Maintain and post documents on the portal including offers, proposals and the document tracker.
- Liaison between leasing, operations and Lease Documentation department to track documents,
- Carry out certain market research projects from time to time.
- Participate and assist in the negotiation of lease documents with tenant/or their legal counsel
- Provide interpretation of lease and other legal documents to other teams or departments.
- Develop leasing presentations, marketing brochures and other desktop publishing activities;
- Create and manage daily correspondence, broker and client information, marketing, packages and mall-outs.
- Assist the Director of Retail, all managers at North Hill Centre and the Director of Leasing with daily, general correspondence, monthly reporting and scheduling meetings.
- Assist Property Administrator in processing accounts payable vouchers.
- Process date-sensitive utility account vouchers and maintain the utility tracking system and produce monthly reports.
- Answer outstanding invoice inquiries.
- Preparation and coding of expense reports and invoices and expenses for leasing commissions, marketing expenses and other related items
- Assist with accounts receivable and collection.
- Assist in the collection of Tenant sales and the final completion of the sales reports.
- Cross train in JDE cash receipt applications.
- Assist with daily bank deposits.
- Assist in collection and maintenance of tenant insurance certificates.
- Maintain filing system for tenant, operations, and correspondence and general centre files.
- Maintain archival storage system for “closed” files.
- Assist in maintaining and updating tenant telephone lists, tenant and emergency contact lists and provide updates to office staff and ClikFIX service centre.
- Reception coverage at lunch time and as required.
- Experience - 3 to 5 years related work experience in the real estate industry. Working knowledge and proficiency in lease documentation, contract law, and property management would be an advantage.
- High school diploma supplemented with post-secondary accounting courses
- Accounting or property management experience an asset
- Relationship Skills – Superior oral and written communication and presentation skills; ability to develop and sustain cooperative working relationships at all levels; ability to exercise confidentiality; displays enthusiasm and has a desire to learn; team player
- Organizational/Multi-Task Skills – Ability to allocate one’s time effectively, work under pressure and manage tight deadlines; ability to handle multiple demands and competing priorities, and adapt to new ideas and constant changes
- Computer Skills – Intermediate to advanced skills in Word and Excel
- Decision Making Skills - Identify and analyze problems with respect to lease documentation; make informed confident recommendations. Ability to consider the legal, business and monetary implications to lease provisions.