OverviewResolute Forest Products Financial Analyst, Financial Reporting Full Time in Quebec City, QC
Resolute Forest Products
Branch Quebec City QC CA
Financial Analyst, Financial Reporting
Quebec City, QC
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance and a professional accounting designation (CPA); As part of a publicly traded company you will prepare the…
We at Resolute are a diverse group of individuals who possess a wide variety of skills. Here, we believe that giving you the ability to maximize your potential without constraint is key to our shared success.
Our Head Office in Montreal, is currently seeking talent to fill the position of Financial Analyst, Financial Reporting. This job is permanent, full-time.
Financial Analyst, Financial Reporting
You are stimulated by the preparation of financial statements where the information comes from multiple systems? You are able to act quickly with a minimum of planning and supervision? You are keenly interested in identifying opportunities for improvement and implementing such changes? If so, this position may be what you are looking for.
As a member of the financial reporting department, your main responsibilities will be to prepare financial reporting packages for the executive management, and financial information disclosed in the quarterly earnings release. As part of a publicly traded company you will prepare the consolidated financial statements, work closely with your colleagues to ensure financial information needs are properly answered and develop continuous improvement strategies to improve the various processes. Your key contributions will include the following, but not limited to:
- Preparing the monthly and quarterly financial reporting packages, including balance sheet analytical reviews, for the executive management team;
- Preparing the press release statements and notes included in the quarterly earnings release, as well as the quarterly financial summary;
- Preparing the investor relations financial package (including statistical data), as support for the financial information included in the quarterly earnings release and earnings call;
- Assisting in the preparation of the financial reports 10-Q/10-K, including the commitments schedules, and ensuring completeness by overseeing the disclosure checklist, on a quarterly and annual basis;
- Calculating and reporting the Company’s debt covenants on a quarterly basis.
Reporting to the specialist, financial reporting, you will be part of a dynamic accounting team who mutually help each other to reach common objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance and a professional accounting designation (CPA);
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience as an Accountant, including consolidated financial statement preparation and related accounting work with a large company and/or similar experience in a Big 4 firm;
- Knowledge of SAP, an asset.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) in both official languages;
- Strong analytical skills, with an attention to details, and the ability to make appropriate decisions rapidly on the basis of experience and judgment even when you have incomplete information and/or you are under pressure
- Experience with publicly registered companies and a working knowledge of US GAAP and SEC rules and regulations is an asset;
- Thorough knowledge of MS Excel and solid technical skills; and
- Ability to work as part of a team, to communicate with all levels of the organization and to adapt quickly to change.
Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Resolute Forest Products is an equal-opportunity employer.
Be part of the change. Be part of a dynamic team.
We are a global leader in the forest products industry offering an energetic and safe work environment with opportunities and challenges that will help develop your skills. We are more than 8,000 employees in Canada, the United States and various other international locations.
We are looking for employees with the experience and expertise to improve our efficiency, increase our long-term profitability and deliver first-class products and services to our customers. And you, what are you looking for?
We are a company writing a new story for itself in a rapidly changing industry. We have made important inroads to ensure our viability and to be an environmental supplier of choice. Come take part of our history and be part of the change!
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Québec City, QC, CA
Posted on: 2018-01-10