Employment Type: Full Time
Posted on: 2018-03-15
Remco Rates and Pricing Supervisor Full Time in Lachine, QC
Branch Lachine QC CA
Rates and Pricing Supervisor
Negotiate freight rates – domestic and International. Assist in developing carriers and rates for Domestic and U.S….
We are currently looking for a Rates Supervisor to join our team at our Lachine, QC location. This position will work closely with the Rates and Pricing Manager to analyze pricing requests, and provide direction and support to the sales team.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES / SPECIFIC JOB DUTIES:
- Analyse large tender opportunities
- On-going analysis of risk trends and customer segments, competitive offerings, market elasticity, economic trends and structure, product offerings and pricing level relative to the budget and corporate goals
- Continually assess existing and new customer margins with tools and experience to make data-driven pricing decisions and business case justifications (in the near future – using an activity based costing model (TCG))
- Market, economic and price modeling using Excel or other tools as appropriate
- Complete rate proposals to correctly and completely meet the needs of our clients
- Provide sales support as necessary on customer calls and visits
- Special projects and studies as required
- Prepare Spot Quotations,
- Handle rate inquires from customers
- Assist in the development of a customer assist pricing template.
- Aide in the development of standardized costing and pricing templates for spot quotes and new business quotes.
- Assist in recommendations to operations with respect to processes that impact the collection of data for analysis.
- Other duties as assigned and required
Specific Job Tasks/Duties:
- Rate incoming calls
- Develop rate quotes for major customers
- Review current customer rates based on profitability
- Clients with accounts (all zones)
- Rate Specials (openings / closings)
- Set up New zones (no rates)
- Current zones – goes to billing
- System to follow up and pass leads on to internal sources
- Turning new calls into a database
- Assist in developing carriers and rates for Domestic and U.S. points
- Customer Inquires: Call customers regarding late shipments, Problems, etc.
- Coordinate with Dispatch: late shipments, missed appointments
- Help to arrange, coordinate and provide rate quotes for Special Moves / Services (Major Accounts)-Saturday / Sunday Deliveries or Pickups
- Store Closings
- USA Shipments
- Trade Shows (In & Out)
- One Shot Moves – Spot Quotes
- Prepare new rate quotes
- Rates- Prepaid / Cash Collect Shipments-Storage-Quote New Customers
- Rating and costing moves with agents
- Analyze and provide rates on special moves and provide customer with rates.i.e. Trade Show Shipments.
- Assist billing for freight shipped to offline points.
- Maintain Customer Rate expiry lists and issue new quotes approximately 1 month before rates expire, in liaison with Sales Rep responsible for the account
- Run monthly Rate Expiry Reports and distribute to Sales Manager, General Manager & Sales
- Attend monthly sales meeting to review customer rate expiry list
- Enter orders with a proper understanding of all special services and related software manipulation
- Negotiate freight rates – domestic and International
- Prepare rate comparisons, spreadsheets, cost analysis, etc.
- Understanding of our specialty: Garments as sets / Cartons by weight or box / Skids by weight or skid
- Knowledge of Transportation Rates, Interline Carriers Rates and Beyond Rates for offline points to prepare quotes for Customers & Sales
- University degree with a Major in Economics or Finance
- Fluent in written and spoken English, French is an asset
- Excellent Excel knowledge and skills
- Relevant experience in manipulating and providing insight from large data sources
- Exemplary customer service
- Experience in the transportation industry required (LTL or small parcel)
Remco is committed to providing equal opportunity for all qualified applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristics protected by provincial laws. If you are selected to participate in recruitment, selection, and/or assessment process, please advise our Human Resources department of any accommodation(s) needed to ensure your equal participation. Any information collected relating to the accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
Job Type: Full-time