OverviewReliable Controls Technical Support Technician Full Time in Victoria, BC
Branch Victoria BC CA
Technical Support Technician
We are currently seeking to fill a Technical Support role within our Technical Support Department. A minimum of 3 years of experience in a technical support…
Reliable Controls Corporation, the recipient of Canada’s Top Small & Medium Employer and Canada’s Greenest Employer 2018 awards, specializes in the design and manufacture of Internet-connected, building automation controls. Our innovative products automate building environments, decreasing their impact on our planet. At Reliable Controls we offer a collaborative and engaging environment, where employees are encouraged to learn and grow while contributing positively to the big picture of building a sustainable future together.
We are currently seeking to fill a Technical Support role within our Technical Support Department. This is a great opportunity for someone who is passionate about providing a high level of customer service while working very closely on a technical side with our team of developers and engineers in Research and Development. This position is a unique blend of responsibilities – Technical Support and Quality Assurance – that will keep the right candidate motivated and engaged in day-to-day processes of testing and supporting new and existing products while building and cultivating strong business relationships with our clients. Reliable Controls has been very successful at hiring and retaining very talented and motivated people who make it a positive and inclusive working environment. If you believe you possess both technical and interpersonal skills we are looking for we encourage you to join us and grow Reliable Controls team together.
Perks & Benefits we offer to our employees:
- Extended health and dental coverage
- RRSP matching
- Paid time off to volunteer
- Well-equipped on-site fitness facilities with 24/7 access
- Free parking
- Green transportation incentives – bike, bus or walk to work and earn money!
- Social Committee Events – we have something fun happening almost every month
- Opportunities for continued learning
- …And most importantly: great people to work with!
Main Job Responsibilities:
- Front line tech support to incoming calls from our dealer network, mostly on the phone, and some by e-mail
- Test and verification of firmware and software within our QA department.
- To fully understand the Reliable Controls product line, including software and hardware products. To use this knowledge to help people less educated on the products.
- Support internet connectivity setup issues, creation of WAN’s with routers and Reliable’s IP based products.
- To work with internal technical staff to identify potential product issues.
- Troubleshoot problems by replicating, visualizing and analyzing each problem.
- Document trouble tickets, and maintain a database of support issues.
- To understand the application of the software so that all elements of the application can be properly tested.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in a technical support capacity.
- A Diploma/Degree in Information and Computer Systems, networking or electronics.
- Outstanding communication and active listening skills.
- Strong software and computing background is necessary.
- Solid Understanding of IP networks and networking technologies.
- Ability to accurately log, track and manage support calls.
- Strong trouble shooting skills.
- Background in electronics, HVAC controls industry, IT or related trade would be a bonus.
If you feel your qualifications meet the requirements listed above and are interested in joining our Reliable Controls family, please submit your resume along with the cover letter listing your compensation expectations by using the "Apply Now" option above. We look forward to receiving your resume!
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Victoria, BC, CA
Posted on: 2018-05-24