OverviewRegional Recreation Corporation of Wood Buffalo HVAC Technician Full Time in Fort McMurray, AB
Regional Recreation Corporation of Wood Buffalo
Branch Fort McMurray AB CA
Fort McMurray, AB
Ability to demonstrate effective leadership, teamwork, customer service, and decision making skills. Access to reliable transportation is necessary….
Reporting directly to the Manager of Operations, the HVAC (Heating, Ventilation & Air Conditioning) Technician will be responsible for performing onsite maintenance to HVAC systems and equipment. He/she will perform simple to complex duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance. The HVAC Technician shall be responsible for keeping the HVAC systems functioning at optimum levels and back-up systems maintained within all Regional Recreation Corporation of Wood Buffalo (RRC) facilities.
Position Type: 1 Full Time Position Available
Pay Rate: $43.68/hour ($1 less while on probation)
Anticipated Start Date: September 2016
Qualifications: Education :
- Post-Secondary School Diploma in a related field
- Journeyman HVAC/Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Mechanic Certification
- Gas Fitter I or II License
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License
- First Aid/CPR/AED Certification is an asset
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Experience with both commercial and industrial HVAC systems and kitchen equipment.
- Troubleshooting, repairing and maintaining rooftop units, energy recovery ventilation (ERV), heat recovery ventilation (HRV), and maintenance/repair on kitchen equipment.
- Experience in installation techniques and refrigerant handling.
- Ability to install and commission digital, electrical, electronic and pneumatic controls.
- Knowledge of start-up and commissioning of building automation systems.
- Experience with repairing and maintaining both hot water and electric heating systems.
- Ability to build automation systems and boiler controls.
- Previous experience with faultfinding in refrigeration systems (both electrical & mechanical)
- Trained in economizer operation and set-up.
- Attention to detail and pride in workmanship
- Excellent time management and project management skills.
- High level of sound and independent judgment and reasoning
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Practical knowledge of building automation controls
- Fall Arrest Certification
- Skid Steer Certification
- Lift Ticket
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS &WORKING CONDITIONS :
- This job requires working for 40 hours per week in shifts which are during the day; depending on maintenance/repairs it may also include working some evenings and weekends as required.
- The job involves frequent movement, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- This position entails working both indoors and outdoors with frequent sitting standing and walking.
- Some heavy lifting of up to 50 pounds may be required while performing jobs as well as manual dexterity to operate standard mechanical HVAC equipment.
- This position may require travel between our various facilities within the Wood Buffalo Region. Access to reliable transportation is necessary.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Fort McMurray, AB, CA
Posted on: 2016-09-21