OverviewRegion of Waterloo Music Therapist (Seniors’ Services) Part Time in Cambridge, ON
Region of Waterloo
Branch Cambridge ON CA
Music Therapist (Seniors’ Services)
Ability to participate in staff in-service training and quality assurance programs. Assists in performing resident/client/tenant assessments upon admission,…
Assists in performing resident/client/tenant assessments upon admission, evaluating individual physical, cognitive, social, and emotional needs and abilities. Develops, implements, evaluates, and revises therapeutic music programs designed to meet resident/client/tenants’ needs, enhance resident/client/tenants’ well being, and improve the overall delivery of health care.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Assessment skills based on knowledge of normal aging processes, illness, and cognitive impairment. Knowledge of the therapeutic aspects of music, and ability to plan, implement, evaluate, and modify programs based on ongoing assessment, normally acquired through the attainment of a Bachelor’s Degree of Music Therapy.
- Strong background in gerontology, acquired through at least one year of experience.
- Qualification for accreditation with the Canadian Association for Music Therapy (CAMT).
- Working knowledge of group dynamics, age cohort characteristics for appropriate programming.
- Knowledge of medication sufficient to monitor resident/client/tenants’ functioning levels.
- Organizational/time management skills and ability to work independently.
- Training in cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR).
- Must provide an acceptable Police Records Check in order to ensure suitability for working with vulnerable populations.
- Ability to participate in staff in-service training and quality assurance programs.
- Ability to interpret resident/client/tenant charts, educational materials and policy and procedure manual.
- Ability to document progress or change in resident/client/tenants’ charts and communicate this information at multi-disciplinary team meetings. Ability to maintain monthly statistics on program participation.
- Ability to travel to various locations within the Region.
- Ability to support and project values compatible with the organization.
- Ability to write letters to request or confirm entertainment bookings, and to thank volunteers on behalf of Sunnyside Home. Ability to write proposals, quarterly reports, newsletter articles, and any related projects as assigned.
The Region of Waterloo is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We encourage qualified applicants to apply and will accommodate the needs of qualified applicants under the Human Rights Code in all parts of the hiring process.
Alternate formats of this document are available upon request. Please contact Human Resources & Citizen Service Reception at phone number (519-575-4757 ext.3527), TTY number (519-575-4608) to request an alternate format.
Please apply online, by the closing date Sep 25, 2015 quoting competition number 2015-1665 , or send your resume to: The Regional Municipality of Waterloo, Human Resources, 150 Frederick Street, 3rd Floor, Kitchener, ON N2G 4J3.
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Cambridge, ON, CA
Posted on: 2015-09-23