OverviewRegion of Waterloo Data Clerk (Healthy Living) Part Time in Waterloo, ON
Region of Waterloo
Branch Waterloo ON CA
Data Clerk (Healthy Living)
Knowledge of office procedures, communication, and math skills, normally acquired through a Grade 12 education plus 2 years of related clerical experience….
Provides data entry and administrative support to the Healthy Living Division.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
· Knowledge of office procedures, communication, and math skills, normally acquired through a Grade 12 education plus 2 years of related clerical experience.
· Ability to complete work that requires high attention to detail and accuracy.
· Knowledge of Regional and departmental policies and procedures, and related health, information, and privacy legislation (e.g., Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, Personal Health Information Protection Act, Ontario Public Health Standards, Health Protection & Promotion Act). Ability to maintain/retain/distributes confidential records in accordance with same, following established guidelines.
· Organizational, problem solving, and time management skills to plan and prioritize work and meet deadlines and time constraints. Ability to identify problems relating to activity and accuracy of the database, and skills to identify and apply appropriate solutions.
· Human relations, interpersonal, and customer service skills to communicate effectively with all levels of staff; provide basic support to new staff in the use of databases; exhibit confidentiality and discretion in handling confidential/sensitive information per privacy legislation guidelines; provide courteous service to staff and the public; and participate as an effective team member.
· Ability to read and understand detailed policies and procedures and verify data. Ability to write procedures and create forms; complete and verify completion of forms, records, data, and other documentation according to instructions, and identify missing information.
· Computer skills with basic knowledge and ability to use all components of Microsoft Office. Experience using database systems and ability to learn and use various Public Health and Ministry databases.
· Ability to travel weekly to Cambridge and Waterloo offices.
· Ability to support and project values compatible with the organization.
The Region of Waterloo is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We encourage qualified applicants to apply and will accommodate the needs of qualified applicants under the Human Rights Code in all parts of the hiring process.
Alternate formats of this document are available upon request. Please contact Human Resources & Citizen Service Reception at phone number (519-575-4757 ext.3527), TTY number (519-575-4608) to request an alternate format.
Please apply online, by the closing date Feb 11, 2016 quoting competition number 2016-1116 , or send your resume to: The Regional Municipality of Waterloo, Human Resources, 150 Frederick Street, 3rd Floor, Kitchener, ON N2G 4J3.
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Waterloo, ON, CA
Posted on: 2016-02-05