OverviewRegion of Peel Rent Supplement Representative (Housing First) Full Time in Greater Toronto Area, ON
Region of Peel
Branch Greater Toronto Area ON CA
Rent Supplement Representative (Housing First)
Greater Toronto Area, ON
The Region of Peel has recently completed a Strategic Planning process that engaged our residents and stakeholders to answer one question:….
The Region of Peel serves a vibrant and culturally diverse community of more than 1.4 million residents and 88,000 businesses in Brampton, Caledon and Mississauga. Committed to service excellence, transparency in decision-making and responsible tax management, the Region delivers a wide range of municipal services that are customer-focused and cost-effective.
The Region of Peel has recently completed a Strategic Planning process that engaged our residents and stakeholders to answer one question: “What can you imagine for the future of Peel?” All the feedback received formed the path forward and the strategic direction for the Region over the next 20 years.
To learn more about the Region of Peel please visit our website or watch the Faces of Peel video to see how our employees impact the residents of Peel.
Job Description Rent Supplement Representative (Housing First)
13 month Contract Full Time
Human Services – Housing Services
Reporting to the Supervisor, Rent Supplement, you will be responsible for ongoing eligibility for rent supplement residents in accordance with the Housing First Rent Supplement program, specific guidelines and the rent supplement agreement with private landlords.
- Working closely with Road to Home team
- Maintaining successful tenancies
- Reviewing, evaluating and making appropriate referrals to community supportive agencies and/or outreach
- Responding to and actions all resident and landlord complaints as appropriate, completing unit visits
- Ensuring all adjustments regarding residents’ allowance are completed in time for landlord statements
- Familiarizing landlords with the legal requirements of the rent supplement agreements
- Administration includes an annual review for ongoing eligibility
- Identifying and setting up subsidy reimbursements with residents, responding to landlord account inquiries and updating relevant resident data changes
- Other duties as assigned
- A post-secondary education in a related field such as social services or human services and a minimum of three (3) years of relevant experience in Human Services or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Knowledge of the Rent Supplement programs, procedures and guidelines and property management practices
- Working knowledge of the HSA, Regulations and Residential Tenancies Act
- Good communication, negotiation and organizational skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Team player
- Good computer skills
- Demonstrated ability to make effective decisions and communicate these decisions to members of the public
Location: 10 Peel Centre Drive, Brampton Suite B
Hours of work: Monday through Friday from 8:30am – 4:30pm
If this opportunity matches your qualifications and experience, please apply online.
Additional Information At the Region of Peel, we respect diversity and treat one another in ways that are fair, courteous and compassionate, recognizing everyone’s contributions. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to establishing a qualified workforce that is reflective of the diverse population we serve. The Region of Peel is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodation please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Please note that all applicants are encouraged to provide a valid email address for communication purposes. Applicants who provide an email address for this posted position will receive all written correspondence with respect to this job posting directly to the email address they have provided on their application. As an applicant, it is your responsibility to ensure that you check your email regularly to receive this correspondence.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Greater Toronto Area, ON, CA
Posted on: 2017-10-29