OverviewRegion of Peel Customer Service Representative Part Time in Brampton, ON
Region of Peel
Branch Brampton ON CA
Customer Service Representative
The Region of Peel is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment process. The Region of Peel serves a vibrant and culturally diverse…
The Region of Peel serves a vibrant and culturally diverse community of more than 1.3 million residents and 88,000 businesses in Brampton, Caledon and Mississauga. Committed to service excellence, transparency in decision-making and responsible tax management, the Region delivers a wide range of municipal services that are customer-focused and cost-effective.
To learn more about the Region of Peel please visit Region of Peel or watch the Faces of Peel video to see how our employees impact the residents of Peel.
Customer Service Representative
Public Works – Operations Support
This position provides after hours monitoring of various alarming equipment and is the frontline contact for calls regarding Roads, Water and Sewer situations requiring after hours emergency response such as broken watermains, sewer back-ups, dangerous road conditions and spills into the municipal wastewater system and enquiries about other Regional programs or situations
• Respond tactfully and diplomatically to incoming calls from the general public, Police, Fire and internal clients in a timely manner
• Accurately document communications in the appropriate database
• Assess the level of response required for all inbound calls, emails and alarms and dispatching information to other Regional employees for resolution as applicable
• Secondary school diploma, combined with a minimum one to three years office experience, preferably in a front line call centre environment
• Exceptional communication and problem solving skills
• Ability to work in a fast paced customer service environment
• Ability to assess calls, identify issues and respond quickly and appropriately
• Detail oriented to maintain accurate records
• Ability to work independently with little supervision
• Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills
• Must be able to read maps
• Previous exposure to response centre equipment including multi-lined phones and two way radios would be an asset
• Experience using Hansen and iPal would be considered an asset
• Available to work an assortment of shifts
Compensation: Band 3 As per non-union salary structure
Location: Two (2) casual part-time – 10 Peel Centre Drive, Suite A, Brampton
Hours of Work : No guarantee of hours. This is an after hours position requiring various shifts working 24/7/365 including weekends, overnight and statutory holidays
If this opportunity matches your qualifications and experience, please apply online by Wednesday, December 17, 2014 and complete the attached questionnaire
At the Region of Peel, we respect diversity and treat one another in ways that are fair, courteous and compassionate, recognizing everyone’s contributions. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to establishing a qualified workforce that is reflective of the diverse population we serve. The Region of Peel is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodation please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. The Region of Peel reserves the right to remove this job posting prior to the closing date.
Please click on the following link if you need further assistance .
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Brampton, ON, CA
Posted on: 2014-12-17