OverviewRegion of Peel Adult Day Program Assistant Temporary in Mississauga, ON
Region of Peel
Branch Mississauga ON CA
Adult Day Program Assistant
HEALTH SERVICES – LONG TERM CARE. We are looking for a compassionate and energetic Adult Day Program Assistant who has completed a diploma in a related field…
(Temporary- Part-time) Adult Day Program Assistant
Duration: Approximately 13 Months
HEALTH SERVICES – LONG TERM CARE
CUPE LOCAL 966
We are looking for a compassionate and energetic Adult Day Program Assistant who has completed a diploma in a related field (Activation and Recreation or Social Service Worker/Gerontology) that brings passion and care to the work they do so why not choose a rewarding career with The Region of Peel’s Long Term Care ?
What’s an Absolute Requirement? Availability!
We have a variety of different work shifts that are appealing to those looking for part-time work or balancing between another part-time job. We are looking for candidates who are available and willing to take on a variety of shifts throughout the week and weekends (please note there are no guarantee of hours).
Please check out our hours of work to see if this is the right fit for you…
8:00 am – 4:00 pm
9:00 am – 5:00 pm
10:00 am – 6:00 pm
10:00 am – 2:00 pm
1:00 pm – 9:00 pm
What drives us? Providing excellent customer service to our residents and families – it’s in the heart of what we do! We have the unique ability to touch and make a positive difference in people’s lives . If you thrive on a career built on rewarding experiences this may be the opportunity for you.
Do you enjoy working in a fun, team-centred environment? Apply today!
Reporting to Supervisor, Adult Day Service and Community Programs (or designate) you will provide therapeutic and recreational services, and support the independence of clients in attendance at the Adult Day Service.
• Assist with providing activities, which are varied to meet the needs of the participants from the community
• Assist the participants to integrate into the group activities and programs which may include hobbies, social events, spiritual care programs and therapeutic regimes
• Assess participants’ abilities and interests and recommend specific programs
• Serve all meals and snacks to clients according to proper dietary requirements
• Provide assistance for all activities of daily living
• Maintain appropriate records in accordance with the policies and procedures and legislated standards of the Centre
• Day Program Assistant responsibilities as per job description
• Post secondary diploma in Social Services or Gerontology, OR two (2) year Activation/Recreation Therapy Diploma from an accredited community college is required
• Previous experience of at least one year in Adult Day Service or a long term care setting is preferred
• Must have effective oral and written communication skills in English
• Must be able to communicate appropriately with residents, staff, volunteers and visitors
• Computer skills are required
• Must have a valid CPR/First Aid certification
• May be required to hold a Class “F” license
• Must be physically able to perform all delegated duties.
Compensation: As per collective agreement CUPE LOCAL 966
Location: 2460 Truscott Drive , Mississauga (Sheridan Villa, LTC)
Hours of Work: Part-time hours, shifts vary from 9:00 am-9:00 pm and 9:00 am-5:00 pm on weekends.
If this opportunity matches your interest and experience, please apply online and complete the attached questionnaire.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Mississauga, ON, CA
Posted on: 2017-01-24