OverviewRefining Process Safety Engineer Full Time in Saint John, NB
Branch Saint John NB CA
Process Safety Engineer
Saint John, NB
JOB DESCRIPTION: Would you like to be part of a highly motivated and collaborative team? Irving Oil offers exciting and rewarding career opportunities.
Would you like to be part of a highly motivated and collaborative team? Irving Oil offers exciting and rewarding career opportunities. Founded in 1924, we are a family-owned company with operations throughout Eastern Canada and New England, providing exceptional customer service and high quality products to residential and commercial customers. We’re committed to the communities where we live and work, maintaining a strong tradition of community service and partnerships in healthcare, the environment, education and youth sports.
We are currently seeking a Process Safety Engineer to join our Refinery team. As a Process Safety Engineer with Irving Oil you will have the opportunity to:
- Assist in identifying and evaluating risks and hazards.
- Assist in the identification and evaluation of cost effective engineering solutions to reduce or mitigate risks.
- Audit key elements of process safety to ensure processes are being followed and are working as intended.
- Ensure that projects fully address process safety-in-design and satisfy process safety requirements.
- Ensure site personnel are trained in process safety and recognize their role in process safety.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering.
- 8-10 years of related industrial experience.
- Good communication skills.
- Must be flexible and able to multi-task.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Saint John, NB, CA
Posted on: 2015-05-19