OverviewReeves College Practicum Coordinator Full Time in Edmonton, AB
Branch Edmonton AB CA
Education and Experience:. Three years’ experience in a related field, or the equivalent combination of education and teaching experience….
The purpose of the Practicum Coordinator is to ensure that students gain hands-on experience in their chosen career field by managing the practicum program and acting on our commitment to our students for a well-rounded education. Under supervision of the Campus Director, the Practicum Coordinator is responsible for sourcing and securing practicum placements that align with the learning objectives of the program and student. This includes locating new practicum sites, maintaining relationships with employers, coordinating practicum paperwork, and preparing students to make the exciting transition from classroom learning to practicum experience.
Specifically, the Practicum Coordinator will be responsible for:
- Developing external relationships to ensure students have the opportunity for practicum placements within their industry
- Collaborating with Instructors to determine practicum placement experiences for students
- Contributing to and monitoring the quality of the student experience
- Supporting the administrative functions of the campus to enhance the student experience
- Acting in a manner that upholds the College standards
To be successful in the Practicum Coordinator position, individuals must be committed to developing, maintaining and demonstrating the following:
Education and Experience:
- Degree, diploma or certificate from a recognized University or College in a relevant discipline.
- Three years’ experience in a related field, or the equivalent combination of education and teaching experience.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact with individuals from a variety of backgrounds and cultures.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Strong ability to multi-task.
- Ability to develop networks and maintain contacts within the business community.
- Working knowledge of MS Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Good judgment and ability to prioritize assignments.
- Exhibits patience and strong active listening skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain a calm focus during hectic periods.
- Ability to reach both quarterly and yearly goals consistently.
- Understanding of the strategic plan, programs and services provided by the College.
- Ability to exhibit a professional attitude and image with a commitment to quality service.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Edmonton, AB, CA
Posted on: 2015-09-23